Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / A problem with exiting apps on Android (Specifically Lollypop powered Samsungs)...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 13:28
Hi Guys,

This is the second time I have felt the need to raise this on the forums. My original post was almost a year ago (https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214008), and it still happens, despite several updates to AppGameKit 2. Every time I exit the app on my Lollypop device, it crashes with a "JNIAudioPortCallback" error.

I understand from various metrics from Google Play that it's not a very common bug (or people aren't in the habit of reporting crashes), and I probably should just ignore it; but it's annoying as it affects my primary test device (A Galaxy Note 3 running Lollypop). Of the 10,000 downloads or so I have had, I have had only around 10 crash/anr reports. But the majority of these are the same error and they all seem to be generated by Samsung devices.

Has anyone else noticed this? I get the same problem when exiting from the AppGameKit 2 Player as well.

I have also tried various kludges to fix the problem. Deleting sound files from memory before exiting, Goto'ing a lable at the end of my code rather than using "End" (This actually showed promise before, but no longer seems to fix the problem for me), but to no avail.

It's very frustrating.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 15:18
I have not experienced this on a Samsung Galaxy J, running lollipop. But maybe I am not running the code that triggers it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 15:51
Looking at the error log in your other thread the app is trying to quit (I assume using the End command), which it does, and then the audio system causes a crash because the app no longer exists. I added some better clean up code for Android to 2.0.18 that should fix this. Are you using 2.0.18?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 20:47
@BatVink:
My app Best Night Light exhibits the behaviour, Perhaps you could download it and see if it crashes for you. The Galaxy J isn't a device that pops up on my list of crash reports though.

@Paul Johnston:
I am using 2.0.18 with my current project, although the published one I linked to BatVink was compiled using a previous version of AppGameKit 2.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 09:03
Are you getting the same error with your current project? If not, the I'd suggest re-packaging your Best Night Light app with 2018 to fix the problem.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 11:29
@CJB:
I am getting the error with my new project, which is the reason for my post here I am planning on an update for the Best Night Light app (A few bug fixes, a couple of new Mood light modes etc.) but I'd rather wait until the issue with crashes is resolved.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 16:07
It seems this is a bug in Android 5.0, it was fixed in 5.1, you can read the bug report here
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 19:35
@Paul Johnston:
Thanks for that It's disappointing, but oh well. It can't be helped I suppose. My Note 3 is long due an upgrade anyway. Thanks again for the quick responses. Keep up the good work

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:26:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:26:49