Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Mirror an Object?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2016 19:02
A lot of objects are able to be mirrored one way or another (are symmetrical on one or more axis)
I thought a mirror function would be extremely useful for reducing load times and model media footprint size if you could load half a model, clone and mirror it.

Loving the mesh functions !
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2016 19:48
To mirror on the X axis...

To mirror on the Y axis...

To mirror on the Z axis...

Boom!
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 15:45
not a boom! in most cases the indexes need flipping also since your basically making it insideout by assigning a negative scale factor. This will work if you have your cull draw mode set to 0 but normally backfaces are not drawn to increase performance. I would also imagine that the normal will be backwards also reflecting light incorrectly.

I would use external software to actually flip it as it will correct the light reflection and eliminate needing to draw backfaces.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 20:50
I just noticed there's a bunch of memblock commands for meshes. This will be something worth exploring and could be used for this purpose I think?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:23:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:23:09