Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Minor glitches when SetSpriteFlip command used?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm getting minor glitches at the edge of my sprites when I use the SetSpriteFlip command. Small brighter line of pixels as if it has borrow some pixels from an adjacent image. I've got SetSpriteSnap on and SetSpriteUVBorder to zero. I don't get any glitching when the sprites are not flipped and I've been pretty careful to keep a 1 pixel 100% transparent border around my sprites to prevent the borrowing issue.

So...is this a bug? Anyone else had this?

Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 09:35
Have you tried the SetSpriteMag/SetSpriteMin (I think, might be SetImageMag etc.)
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 11:37
I think you mean SetImageMagFilter(), you can also use SetDefaultMagfilter() to affect all images. This turns of filtering when the image is scaled up (magnified). The Min versions turns off filtering when the image is scaled down (minimized).
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 12:55
That's the one. that's what happens when you don't check the help files first! lol
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, thought I'd done that too but can't be sure. Cheers guys, will check it tonight (with a beer).
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Just checked. I didn't have the commands in but setting them to 0 still doesn't remove the glitches. It's feeling like a bug to me?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 16:36
I don't use SetSpriteUVBorder() myself, could that be causing it? Flip works fine for me.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 16:37
BTW, create a new project. Load the image and put it into a sprite on screen with as few commands as possible and flip it. Se if you still get a problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:35:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:35:42