Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Packet Structure

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Assuming I'm not added to the Raspberry Pi beta (which would be fine, all things considered), does anyone have a lot of experience with how AppGameKit structures it's network packets?

I currently have a Python server that runs off a Raspberry Pi, and I run client scripts from an Android python interpreter that is a little sketchy. I'd just as soon migrate to a native Android app that I can control better.

Following the 'Basic AppGameKit Networking Tutorial' I built a socket, built a packet and sent it to the server. I'm expecting it to be a float, string, and client ID. Instead when I debug my python, the incoming packet reads:

'data': '\x0b\x00\x00\x00Client37739',

Networking isn't my strong suit. I'd think the packets are serialized, but the client id is plain text...which is weird.

Can anyone offer any insight?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 09:02
I used this code by Gravyn in the C# framework for AGK:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/209783#msg2546348
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:35:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:35:24