Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Launch parameters?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2016 17:29
Is there a way to do launch parameters?
Like, if I launch the executable with "game.exe -fullscreen" and then later in the code detect if that parameter is used and then toggle fullscreen for example.
Fluorescent
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2016 15:29
I don't think you can do it in Tier 1, basic. In C++ it shouldn't be a problem, Otherwise you could create a settings file and the first thing in your game you read the file and the parameters stored in it.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 18:50
There's currently now way to access arguments in AGK. you could potentially wrap the app in a windows forms app or go Tier 2 but I it might be a bit much if you are not an experienced .Net / C++ developer.
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
KraXarN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 23:14
I don't know any of C++, at least not yet and I'm not very experienced in .net either. How would I wrap it in a Windows form app? Or is it a very complicated thing?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2016 08:37
This is a good starting point...

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214395
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:40:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:40:52