Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / TGC media store will support AGK media from Monday 2nd May

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

From Monday, the TGC store will now allow 2D artists to sell their media in the same way we currently support 3D media. If you're one of the many talented 2D artists out there and would like to make some money as well as helping the store to grow, we invite you to start uploading now. We currently looking for 2D images, sprite sheets or atlas sheets.

It doesn't matter if you already sell your media elsewhere, you can upload to our store as well, all that matters is that you own the rights to the media.

You can register as a seller here if you've not already done so. If you're an existing store artist you can upload 2D media using your current account.

If you've any questions please feel free to email me and we look forward to seeing some great new media in the weeks and months to come.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz (Passmark 9599) - Geforce GTX 650ti (Passmark 2708)
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! Where can I read up what the conditions are about getting 50% to 70% revenue?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Using AGK2 Tier 1
[a http://www.fantomgl.com]fantomEngine[/a] - A powerful 2D game framework
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2016 10:13 Edited at: 29th Apr 2016 10:14
The conditions are quite simple for the rate of commission you get.

If the user pays using Credit/Debit card or PayPal you get 70% commission (this method is heavily incentivised, the majority of payment are placed using it)
If the user pays using Steam Wallet you get 50% due to the higher fees TGC pay. (We are considering passing these costs to the user to ensure artists always get 70%, as we are on Steam we must provide Steam Wallet payments)
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2016 10:43
Signed up... I might have a go at some spritesheets. It would be useful to be able to sell / buy Spriter and Spine characters too. If we could provide the animation files and atlas sheets that would be really useful...
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

This is now live. TGC will be adding content during the week and we encourage all artists to join us is helping to create a great media source for budding developers.

@Baxslash: Support for Spriter character and media sounds like a great idea. It's something to think about as we've got plans to support a lot of media formats in the weeks and months to come.

As always, please feel free to ask any questions.

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz (Passmark 9599) - Geforce GTX 650ti (Passmark 2708)
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2016 18:19
Quote: "@Baxslash: Support for Spriter character and media sounds like a great idea. It's something to think about as we've got plans to support a lot of media formats in the weeks and months to come."

Don't forget SPINE
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2016 07:22 Edited at: 6th May 2016 07:24
This store for 2D is a great news !
Thanks a lot, it's an excellent idea
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Mark Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 12:12
Wheres this TGC store?
yo
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 16:36
https://en.tgcstore.net/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
sdl
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 19:06
The Store say my Browser where unsupported...
Win 10 Phone with Edge...
Please fix it...

Unsupported Browser

We have detected you are part of the less than 7% of people worldwide that are using an outdated browser which does not support modern web standards.

As a result your browser fails to meet the minimum requirements for this website to operate correctly, please upgrade to a newer browser some suggested browsers are listed below.

Internet Explorer 10+
Google Chrome 4+
Firefox 5+
Opera 12+
Safari 4+
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems mobile browsers have problems with the tgc websites. I can't log into my TGC account on my Ipad either. Says it doesn't support Javascript. Not a biggy as I can use my PC.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Using AGK2 Tier 1
fantomEngine - A powerful 2D game framework
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2016 14:29
Hello,

I'd like to ask a question about 2D assets.

I created a quite a few 2D assets a while back, and have had them in storage for a while.

Never got around to using them.

They're pretty cool too.

I'm interested in signing up as an artist, but I'm unsure what formats are required for 2D assets (or what the standards are).

I can export to JPEG and PNG with absolutely no issues.

But are the source files (Vector format) required/necessary ?

Many Thanks

isgltd (2014)
Priya arora
User Banned
Posted: 9th May 2016 11:48
nice one
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 13:07
Quote: "But are the source files (Vector format) required/necessary ?"
Would be nice to have so the user can scale to whatever size they need. One of the gripes over the DLC packs was that much of the imagery was so low-res that it was pretty much useless for anything other than placeholder art. Accompanying vectors would fix all that!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 14:38 Edited at: 10th May 2016 14:52
I agree with CJB, "it would be nice to have". Some people may value it slightly higher if there were vector equivalents (or layered PSD's). However, since it is a store for AppGameKit media then the only format that is essential is AppGameKit compatible media = PNG fies.
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 14:44
You could even make them super AppGameKit friendly and include pre-built atlas textures at various resolutions (max 2048x2048) with subimage text files.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2016 09:29
Quote: "However, since it is a store for AppGameKit media then the only format that is essential is AppGameKit compatible media = PNG fies."

Remember, mobile screen resolutions and sizes are increasing all the time..
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2016 11:14 Edited at: 16th May 2016 22:28
Quote: "Would be nice to have so the user can scale to whatever size they need. One of the gripes over the DLC packs was that much of the imagery was so low-res that it was pretty much useless for anything other than placeholder art. Accompanying vectors would fix all that!"

Hello,

Check out the 2D section of the TGC store

https://en.tgcstore.net/category/506

Shadow Props Digital
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2016 16:47
The media Upload should be made better.
I tried to upload some music tracks and saw, that every music title needs a tumbnail in two sizes.
Why does every Song need an image explaining the song? - I understand it for sprites or models but not for sounds or music. BTW its urgent, if you don't give an image, you can't upload...

Then there is no simple sound editor, to make a custom preview cut, without rendering a custom one
with software including Fade in and Fade out. There are great snippets for those tasks on php learing sites, it would be awesome if the store could use something similar.

Why should I zip a compressed .OGG and put it in a directory?
Serverside PHP script will do this easily, with ffmpeg you can also convert sound formats, if not uploaded as OGG.
You can even use a rasbi pi for the mmpeg convert, just sent the files to the rasbi and create a work stack. Can be a simple php/c++ script for this operation and will help
content makers to upload their work better.

I was rejected and told, that AppGameKit has currently no music option in the store, I should format my zip file according to GameGURU rules and it was quite confusing, after I saw this thread.

Please, stop that upload rules stuff, and make it like: If you upload your stuff by the rules, it will get quicker in the store, if you do not do it, it will maybe take some days in the converter stack.

I write my critics, because I think that a TGC online store for assets is a very good idea.
But it can be very frustrating for content creators, if there are specific rules, that can be done using a script.

[/url]
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2016 16:42
Sorry for the delay everyone I have been on a 2 week holiday.

Quote: "I can export to JPEG and PNG with absolutely no issues.

But are the source files (Vector format) required/necessary ?"

PNG format is best, source files can be uploaded if you wish but are not required. We do strongly suggest providing the source files though and saying you do in the item description.

Quote: "Seems mobile browsers have problems with the tgc websites. I can't log into my TGC account on my Ipad either. Says it doesn't support Javascript. Not a biggy as I can use my PC."

Quote: "The Store say my Browser where unsupported..."

Thanks for the report I will look into this

Quote: "The media Upload should be made better."

I have shortened the quote but I refer to your full post. I am aware that the uploading of audio assets needs improvement it has never had much attention when the store was GameGuru only. In the next few weeks a new version of the uploader that features lots of changes for audio uploads will be introduced including removing the need for thumbnails and allowing support for AppGameKit audio uploads. We will post an update when this is made live so keep an eye out.

I should also note that this is an early release of the AppGameKit store for artists to pre-populate the store and test everything works, we will then do some promotions for make the full user base aware of the store and start pushing the sales side of things, so if you have media to upload now is a good time to do so in preparation.
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 00:24
Quote: " We will post an update when this is made live so keep an eye out."

Thank you

I also dream about some webGL application where we could upload models in diffrent formats and preview it. It would be very awesome! With one click on save, everything will be saved in the GameGURU, AppGameKit and various other formats.
I am a CG Artist and I've created tons of CGI and game-ready models, static and animated. I am looking forward to have a ultra-dev friendly platform to share my content with the community.
But no thumbnails and AppGameKit audio will be great too for now! Please write in this thread once there are updates!

[/url]
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2016 08:49
@Jack

An update for you regarding audio assets, you can upload AppGameKit audio along with not requiring images for audio items. Hopefully this should make the upload process a bit easier for audio items. There is more to do in the future but at least it makes more sense without images now.

Hopefully you will be able to try uploading some of your media.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 17:03:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 17:03:30