Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / reduce door glow with light near

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is there a wat to reduce or eliminate the door glow when there is a light near them or is a unsolved bug??
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 14:22
Im wondering this too.
mk83 Productions
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 00:10
From my experience, you have to move the light, although....

I think there may be an adjustment in the ini that allow you to adjust how much dynamic entities are affected by lights. It's been a while since I delved into that. Hopefully someone more current can verify.

Brian.
If you could travel faster than the speed of light and you went to the moon, when you got there would you see yourself coming?
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 01:48
Black Ice mod has a specifix .fx shader for dynamic doors. It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than the default
-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
\"I\'m havin\' too good a time today, I ain\'t even thinkin\' bout tomorrow.\"
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 04:29
Yes. No. I was confused.
This is what I was trying to remember but it has to do with characters.... not doors.

There may be a way to adjust shaders for doors as well, but that's above my pay grade.

Brian.
If you could travel faster than the speed of light and you went to the moon, when you got there would you see yourself coming?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 05:28 Edited at: 8th Jun 2016 05:28
Since you have not mentioned any details in particular I will take it as if you have full shader effects turned on and also have bloom enabled. If that is the case then you can try lowering the brightness or contrast of the specular map of the door.

Quote: "If it is the highs and lows in brightness of entities which depend upon if you have played the level for a second time then I have no idea about it."

Also note that dynamic entities do not interact with light as they do with static geometry (ie no omissions according to the obstruction of light by other objects).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:35:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:35:09