Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3d models/objects with Qubicle and AGK?

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 17:30
I've been thinking about trying out 3d in AppGameKit and since I recently got a 3d program called Qubicle that looked like fun I tried exporting a model from it to use in AGK. It appeared to be rendered upside down and inside out for some reason.

has anybody tried creating content with Qubicle and using it in AppGameKit? If so, did it work and how did you do it?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 19:04
What format is that program exporting? Maybe you could try a different export format
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2016 17:48
I actually took a look at the trailer of Qubicle , which seams awesome btw..
and in the trailer it says it can export into FBX I think its autocad file or something
so AppGameKit can load FBX file format so you can try it... just see the Export tool inside Qubicle
and see the AppGameKit Documentation : LoadObject , to see what kind of 3d file types AppGameKit can handle...

haliop.
Fluorescent
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 17:37
If I try to load a collada file I get this error message.
"Failed to load object "sphere.dae" - Collada: sphere.dae - Unknown reference format in url "Matrix-position-array" in source attribute of <accessor> element. in main.agc at line 13"

FBX and Obj both give the same result where the model, at least in my opinion seems a bit inside out.

I'm attaching the obj-file and you can have an opinion also. Maybe I'm doing something wrong when I load the model?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 17:49
Just tested the sphere.obj file you attached, worked here and looked fine, but it is quite big so I had to move the camera back to see it properly, otherwise the camera starts inside the sphere. I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

Fluorescent
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 18:11
I still think mine looks different from yours. Also min is clearly upside down compared to yours since the little stray box is in a different possition. What code did you use to load it?

Attachments

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 21:17
Here is my code

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:56:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:56:19