Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Creating characters with MakeHuman for FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there.

I'm here to ask for a tutorial to successfully create and import models into FPSC made with MakeHuman.

I'm not a lazy dude, I've been trying this for days but nothing seems to work.

Here's what I do:

-Create my character with "MakeHuman 1.0.2" (With or without bone I get the same result)
-Export to "Wavefront OBJ format" ('cause MakeHuman doesn't have a .x exporter, that I know of)
-Convert the model with 3D "Object Converter 5.30", using the export mode "DirectX ASCII Mesh (*.x)"
-Edit the model with "Entity Maker v1.1", give it this weapon "Model pack 6\Ingram"
-Put under "Files\entitybank\user\Liliana"
-Fire up FPSC
-I realize the model is ridiculously small, then close FPSC
-Edit the liliana.fpe file and tweak the field "scale= " to "4500" to make my model look like a 10 years old girl, more or less. (I want it to look like a 10yo girl)
-Delete the .bin and .dbo files
-Start FPSC again and place my model
-Edit the model's properties, I realize the textures are all messed up; ignoring it and continue.
-Test my game and get a creepy entity with no texture and no animations

I'm also unable to open my model with "Limb Finder for FPSC Characters", when I click my model's name nothing happens.

I tried to use "Allegorithmic Substance Designer 4.4.1" but it won't run as it is for Win7.

My system specs:
OS= MS Windows XP 32-bit Service Pack 3
GPU= NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT 512MB PCI-E, driver version 340.52
RAM= 4GB DDR2 (2GB x2)
DirectX= 9.0c (June 2010)
.NET Framework= 3.5 and 4.0
Visual C++ Runtime= 2013 (vc_redist_x86.exe, I believe, I lost the exe)
My FPSC version: The one you posted in this site (FPSCreatorClassic-00V1121132404bc0.exe), then applied the update 1.19 and then 1.20.
My installed model packs: 75 03 06 30 44 58 42 70 28 19 63 25 21 71 45 61 (When I have the time I'll download them all)

The attached file is the same picture, just in case the img link is not working. The WWW is filled with this:
Quote: ""This image has been moved or deleted. Tinypic"."

I'd include the model itself but if it's useless for me then it's for you too.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2016 00:16
I did a video tutorial using fragmotion. give it a watch and see if it helps you at all.

http://chaosbrosfilms.com/images/FPSCFragRig.wmv
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Rachael
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC
Posted: 11th May 2016 22:33
Yes, Fragmotion is the easiest way to rig and texture MakeHuman models, and exports .x.
"I set fire to the rain..."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:58:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:58:08