Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Text Input Question

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
For agk, I understand that the text input capabilities are quite limited...

My question is, is there a way to move the GetTextInput on the x or y plain?

How would I go about creating an app focused on text user input?

I know I could create letter sprites and each sprite represents a character which is added to an array of characters to form a string but there must be a better way...

- Cheers!
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2016 07:50
You can create your text input box off-screen, and read the contents of it to display the text in any way you like on-screen. Text input is FAR better now than it used to be in AppGameKit V1. You ARE using V2 right?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2016 09:52
Before getting into any detail, are you saying that the Edit Box commands here don't work for what you are trying to do? What are you trying to achieve?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Divided
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replies,

Quote: "You ARE using V2 right?"

Indeed I am

Quote: "Before getting into any detail, are you saying that the Edit Box commands here don't work for what you are trying to do?"

My apologies, I didn't make the connection that the Edit Box commands would alter what I was looking for.
I'll have a suss into it more.

Thank you
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:31:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:31:06