Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Collapsing wall (3d physics)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2016 13:09
Hello

I'm learning by doing here, at the moment, so please forgive any howling mistakes.

To learn how the physics system works (and it seems great, by the way), I'm writing a simple puzzle game involving falling blocks. Kind of a cross between Columns and Tetris.

I'm setting up a wall of cubes with physics switched on. Ideally, I'd like to remove a cube, and the ones above it to drop down. At the moment, the wall destroys itself in a rather pleasing manner. There are many commands in 3D Physics, and I don't know what they all do. I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Question is, how do I drop a cube down in a controlled way so that it sits precisely on top of another cube (maintaining its x, y, z rotation), and doesn't throw itself off or twist?

Thanks for any advice. Here's the code.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:36:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:36:13