Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Is it possible to access L&R shoulder triggers on pc usb 360 pad?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys

I'm doing some tests with AppGameKit 2 as to if it will be suitable for a project I have in mind.

I will be making the game predominantly for Windows, using a wired USB XBox controller (360 or One, I assume they both work the same, I only have a 360 pad to test atm)

Using the "GetRawJoystickButtonPressed" command, I have managed to access all the normal buttons and the d-pad.

Using the "GetRawJoystickX/Y/Z" adn "GetRawJoystickRX/RY/RZ" command, I have managed to access the two analogue sticks.

However, I can't find a way to get input from the L and R triggers. Unfortunately I have tried all 30 "buttons" and none of them are linked to L or R. I assume that this is because they are not simple buttons, but analogue triggers?

I don't really care about the analogue functions, I just want to know if L or R have been pressed.

Is there any way to read them which I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 12th May 2016 22:07 Edited at: 12th May 2016 22:38
delete message
welshfilminstitute
Years of Service
User Offline
Soooo... its been well over a week - I take it the answer is no, this isn't possible?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2016 14:05
I use the following code to test all buttons on up to 4 joysticks.
On some platforms not all buttons were checked. I noticed this on Raspberry Pi. Paul fixed this in one of the latest updates.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
welshfilminstitute
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the response - yes this is very similar to the code I was using.

Unfortunately, as I found before, the L & R triggers are completely not recognised. Seems a strange oversight, as the 360 and Xbox one pads are pretty much the standard pads for Windows gaming nowadays...
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2016 23:27 Edited at: 22nd May 2016 23:40
It's not an oversight. As triggers, they simply don't use the button commands. Instead, GetRawJoystickRZ is used for the right trigger, and GetRawJoystickZ for the left.

I hope this helps.
welshfilminstitute
Years of Service
User Offline
Perfect, thank you! I knew there must be a way to do it.
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2016 17:18
You're very welcome. Best of luck with your projects!
sokiu93
Years of Service
User Offline
I usually use the following code to test all buttons on up to 4 joysticks.

You can check [url="http://4dsecret.com/prediction/"]toto 4d lucky number[/url] and [url="http://4dsecret.com/check-4d-past-results"]magnum 4d past result[/url]
online at [url="http://4dsecret.com/brief-introduction-lottery-games-malaysia-keputusan-4d/"]keputusan 4d[/url]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:21:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:21:00