Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / HTML5 Exporter and zip-file?

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 14:59
I'm putting this question its own thread since it's a question and not really feedback for the HTML5 exporter beta thingy.

How come the exporter exports to a zip-file? The dialog clearly states that the project has to be hosted on a webserver, but in order to host it on a web server you have to unzip the files. So wouldn't it make more sense to export to a folder, not zipped so we can skip the unzipping when publishing the project?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 15:43
I wonder if it's possible to unzip it on a web server. So zipping it makes it smaller for uploading. Also it's nice to get it in a single file. But exporting to a folder could work.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 16:19
It's mainly to keep the files contained, so you know exactly what is part of the HTML5 export and what isn't.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 17:29
Paul:
You could also put the files into a new folder called HTML5. Why not include an option for this?
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would rather see a html5 folder too instead of the zip. Or have the option for it. This way we could use something like XAMPP to test things locally much more easily and quickly.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Using AGK2 Tier 1
fantomEngine - A powerful 2D game framework

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:28:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:28:04