Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / getpointerreleased does not work with a windows touch pen

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 21:45
getpointerreleased() does not seem to work with a windows touch pen.

odly the getpointerx,getpointery do work with the pen but as soon as i click it down on the screen nothing happens. If i switch to just using my finger then it captures the release when it happens

can this get fixed please!

operating system: windows 7 on an eeepc slate touch tablet

if you need a program to test it on goto the agk showcase and run my reversed voxel a4 download (2nd post)
you will find that the getpointerx,y get captured with a tablet pen but the click and release to not. again using my finger though does work.

again can this get fixed please!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 21:51 Edited at: 14th May 2016 21:52
I don't think that pressing the pen on the screen is a click, unless you configure the driver to see it this way. It is pressure-sensitive, so there is no off/on.
The button on the side of the pen is a pointer click.
For most pens you can configure it application by application to behave differently. i.e make it a click instead of a pressure point.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 22:19 Edited at: 14th May 2016 22:22
on my windows tablet you can hover the pen over the screen without actually pressing it down and letting go. every windows app ive used responds as the pen clicking the screen.

im really sure its should be triggering a mouse click. it even shows the circle animation when i do it.... same one the mouse shows
like i said.... the getpointerx and y are captured and working perfect. just not the pen click

edit: just tested with dark basic and the pen triggers as a click using the mouseclicked commands... so yup its generating a click message
would be nice if this could be fixed.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 22:23
my pen does not have buttons on it.... it has one on the top that simulates a right click instead of left on normal side
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 22:31
ok.... it might help showing my pen settings.... they are set by default to simulate mouse clicks and work with all windows apps including the ide editor for agk... works fine

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 00:09
Fixed for the next version, I'm not sure why but we had code that specifically filtered out pen clicks.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 00:24
Sweet thanks!
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 13:52
Will the Pen of the Samsung tablet (G-note) works with this fixe (the pen of G-note doesn't work with GetPointerState()) ?
That would be great !
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 16:08
im guessing that it would fix that also as paul stated it was filtering all pen clicks specifically. I wouldnt expect getpointerstate to report anything if the getpointerreleased doesnt either.

It will be nice having this on the next update. I think i will be converting my projects to use these commands instead of the rawmouse commands especially if a pen click will be recognized now
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2016 09:16
Quote: "getpointerreleased() does not seem to work with a windows touch pen."

I've found that none of the touch commands worked on a windows touch screen. I had raised this bug about 4 years ago when using AGK1 on an HP touchsmart all in one PC. I found that i had to touch the screen, move my finger slightly then release to register a touch event.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:29:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:29:04