Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 2.0.19 Tier 1 Android: Google Play In-App-Purchase 'Authentication is required' problem

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2016 14:03
I posted this last December but got no suggestions and moved on to other things. Now I need to get IAP working on Android;

During my IAP process, after 'inAppPurchaseActivate(id)' has been set but before 'getInAppPurchaseState()' gets a chance to return 1, Google Play says I need to sign into my google account. The problem is that the phone is logged in, I can read emails and download apps from Google Play.

Testing on a Samsung S2, with a test google account that's linked to Paypal.

Full error dialogue:
Error
'Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google Account.'

How can I tell AppGameKit that I'm logged into Google play?

I tried signing out/in again, deleting Google Plays data and reverting it to the factory version as per this webpage but no luck so far.
This used to work; and I tested on AppGameKit 2.0.14 and 2.0.15 with the same problem so maybe Google changed their auth recently? The dialogue is triggered the instant 'InAppPurchaseActivate(id)' is hit.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 10:41
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 16:56
I just tested this using the AppGameKit Player 2 app currently available in the store with the following code

It all worked as expected

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:25:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:25:04