Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [bug] 2.0.19 LoadObjectWithChildren Crash

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
LoadObjectWithChildren crash AppGameKit when trying to load these objects.

Test:
ggobjectid[ml] = LoadObjectWithChildren( “/gameguru/entitybank/Easter Pack/tree_2.x”) )

also crash when trying to load these objects from the easter pack:

stone1.x, stone3.x ,stone4.x , and all the meadow_flowers_*.x objects.

If i use LoadObject it do not crash , but the objects has LOD defined in the fpe file, so i need to try to load then using LoadObjectWithChildren, they don’t actually has any additional mesh, but when LoadObjectWithChildren crash i can’t use GetObjectNumMeshes later in the code

In the easter pack tree_1.x do not crash but can’t be loaded using LoadObject or LoadObjectWithChildren, fails with the following error:

Failed to load object "/media/ggmedia/easter pack/tree_1.x" - X: Failed to decompress MSZIP-compressed data in main.agc at line 3659

The other X zip’ed objects in the pack works fine.
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 13:59
Fixed for the next version, tree_2.x only uses a single bone which wasn't handled correctly in LoadObjectWithChildren and caused a crash. However it still only contains a single mesh and no child objects, I'm not sure how LOD is handled in Game Guru.

The tree_1.x error was caused by an incorrect check sum which Game Guru must be ignoring but causes an error in AGK's load routine. I've notified Lee of the corrupt file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 17:19:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 17:19:49