Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / upgraded from windows vista to 7 and now agk no longer works?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 20:25 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2016 20:30
I've been able to run the ide editor just fine, I've also got the broadcast feature running fine. Any application built from agk v2 creates the window for the app and auto crashes.

see attachment below.

Things I've tried...

-fresh install overtop the old one
-setting app permissions to run as administrator
-dunno what else to do?? do i need to downgrade back to vista.... i really dont want to!

just did another test.... i deleted the app it was creating and it does make a new exe file. when the file is run it crashes. On my other windows pc.... it will run that same exe file and this one will not.... whats goin on?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 20:34 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2016 20:40
i tried to run agk v1 and i get this error.... see attachment below...

does this mean my graphics card.... that was supported in windows vista is now no longer supported with windows 7? Is there a way to confirm this is the same problem with agk v2?

If this is the same problem why does agk v2 not share the same vital information of why an akg app will not run? instead it just crashes with no explanation why.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 22:45 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2016 22:47
Quote: " upgraded from windows vista to 7"

- Was is an upgrate or a fresh install?
- Do you have installed all drivers?
- Does the device mananger contain errors?
- Set Run as administrator on IDE and AppGameKit Player?
- Will the exe get compiled?

run "dxdiag" and post stats.

I can confirm, AppGameKit works fine on Win7.

[/url]
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 23:18
Ditto here, AppGameKit works without any hiccups on Win7 (64bit).

Some things to look out for though, is that AppGameKit uses OpenGL 2.0 and later for its Audio, 2D and 3D rendering - so whatever else you do, make certain you got the latest graphics driver installed for your system. Some very low-end and older laptops (and small client boxes) do not support OpenGL 2.0.

Also make sure your Win7 installation is up to date with all the latest patches and Service Pack 1. This may require some tomfoolery and manual installation. I had to do this on my PC back when. Don't quite remember what the solution was, but the issue was that auto-update would not work.

Apart from that general advice, if you need more help we're going to need a lot more information on your system.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2016 00:05 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2016 00:06
ya it was a graphics problem apparently.... after windows vista windows required all drivers to be digitaly signed and my graphics card did not have an update to be used on windows 7.

i just bought a new gt 610 ... its the newest I've managed to get installed on my old pc.
Now my pc is good up to open gl 4.2

Anyways... Agk should still not crash telling the user nothing. Agk v1 at least told me it was an open gl problem. Agk v2 should do the same instead of crashing.

Fixed.... resolved by buying a newer graphics card..... is dumb that it worked with vista though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:22:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:22:13