Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / UK meet up / codeathon.

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 23:29
I find it very difficult to get free time to work on any of my AppGameKit projects, so I'd like to throw this idea out to see if anyone is interested in a 48hr codeathon? In Jan. I attended my first Game Jam down in Brighton and I think I got more coding crammed into those two days than I have in all the days since. I'm confident if we had a room full of talented AppGameKit developers get together then we'd be able to make magic happen.

The primary purpose for this meet will be to finish partially completed projects, but the agenda will be flexible: Hash out new ideas, discuss 3d Physics, make a complete game from scratch as a team, marketing, how to package games for Android / Apple stores... anything (as long as it is AppGameKit related). All will be welcome: Artists, musicians, coders, maybe even GameGuru users (especially if Preben's loader becomes available)!

No venue or date is set. I'm just testing the water, but I have found a nice place in Leigh-On-Sea, Essex (close to food, bars, and the famous Old-Leigh cockle sheds) called Space282. 24hr access is available and a meeting room for a 48 hour stretch would cost £240 which is big enough to comfortably fit 12 people. I'm thinking Friday evening to Sunday evening 48hrs straight. Cost would have to be split between everyone attending. Tea, coffee and biscuits included in the price .

I know it is far easier said than done to arrange something like this, but if enough people are interested then we can make it happen.

Your thoughts please
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 00:46
I would like to go except New York is a little too far to travel. Perhaps I could be there via Skype or teamviewer.
My contribution would be 3D physics knowledge and the Tier2 C++ side of AGK.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 09:08
Sounds good, but Essex is a long way for me. Having said that, my first TGC meetup was in Chichester on the South coast.
I arranged a couple of TGC conventions in Leeds, it really is a lot of hard work. My suggestion would be to take the money for the room hire and get everyone to organise their own accommodation once you have the right number of attendees to cover the costs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 09:13
I'd be interested if it was a more central location but Essex is practically France!
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 09:54
I say this every time a meet up is mentioned, but I'm interested!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 15:32
Not enough interest to make it happen I'm afraid
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:19:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:19:10