Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Window flashes and disappears when compiling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 05:01 Edited at: 21st Jun 2016 20:23
Hello,

I received a copy of DarkBasic Pro and the book DarkBasic Pro Game Programming, Second Edition at a young age but never really knew how to use it. I'm still very new to programming but I have enough of the fundamentals down that I believe I can learn from and use this product proficiently.

I have downloaded the .zip from the github repo and the script editor portion of DBP opens fine. I attempted to compile the first script in my book but the window flashes and disappeared, as mentioned in the title. I did receive an error the first time I attempted to compile, but that was related to the file location of the compiler and I seem to have resolved this as I received no more errors.

I'm running a Windows 7 PC and I ran DBP as admin. I'm not sure what other information could be relevant to this issue so please let me know if there's anything else you need me to provide.

Thanks for your thoughts and help in advance.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 16:22
Show code, please.
Ghoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 18:11 Edited at: 21st Jun 2016 20:24
Same result with both of these.

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 06:45
Your code should not do this. All I can do is give you a link to this thread. Here you can download the last official release.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/217194
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 07:18
I have same problem with the github version I think you'll find if you open the sample hello world project it will run correctly I suggest for the moment working out of the project folder and saving then reopening a project before compiling might help.
A child's dream never dies.

SunnyNeor
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are really planning to get a suitable set of promotional code, don’t be late. You need to remember that these promo codes for microsoft office 365 university offers don’t stay long because they simply get exhausted due to high demand from customers all over the world. look out for the best combination of such promo codes to strike a mind blowing deal with Microsoft.

Microsoft Office 365 University Promo Code

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:49:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:49:06