Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK current state of FB SDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 05:22 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2016 05:23
Hello,
I just received a message from FB stating that our apps are still making calls to FB's Graph API v2.0 and they are discontinuing that support as of August 7.
I'm looking through the changelog and see that in AppGameKit v2.0.11 has FB SDK v3.22.0 (released Jan 6, 2015). Yet FB is claiming there are still calls to the Graph 2.0 API. I can only assume this means that although the FB SDK was updated that there is still legacy code that is using Graph 2.0 API. We're using login and FB friends. I'm not sure what's calling Graph 2.0, but we need to know this is fixed so that we can update our apps. The last time we built our apps was with AppGameKit 2.0.11.

The message from FB:
Quote: "Wordspionage Free has been making recent API calls to Graph API v2.0, which will reach the end of the 2-year deprecation window on Monday, August 8, 2016. Please migrate all calls to v2.1 or higher in order to avoid potential broken experiences.

We recommend using our new Graph API Upgrade Tool to see which of your calls are affected by this change as well as any replacement calls in newer versions. You can also use our changelog to see the full list of changes.

You can view this and other Developer Notifications related to your app, Wordspionage Free, in the App Dashboard.
Thanks,
The Facebook Team"

Thank you.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 14:48
We were making some graph API calls outside the SDK, I've updated those to graph API 2.6 for the next version
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 17:22
Could you please also expose the Facebook auth token so that we can use it to sign into our own user accounts.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 18:48
Great, thanks Paul. What's the ETA on that? Hopefully at least July 18 so we have time to update.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:21:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:21:14