Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Chartboost questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could bring some help about chartboost and AGK.
I would like to know if there are any way to

1. Detect when a AD has finished (i.e. a video)
2. if it's possible to know when the user tap on the "x" to quit AD
3. How much time takes an AD to be shown (maybe this is a configuration option in the chartboost dashboard?)

My need is to give players points or tokens or whatever everytime they watch an AD.

Thanks a lot in advance, any help on this will be really appreciated.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2016 09:47
Quote: "My need is to give players points or tokens or whatever everytime they watch an AD."
To do this, we need to have rewarded video ads implemented (it isn't available to us in Tier 1 at the moment). Having this functionality would help us monetise our apps which would help AppGameKit become more popular with Indie devs.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot CJB,
so there are no other ways to know when a video AD is being playing, it has finished... ? maybe a workaround?...
from my perspective, It's really a must to have this implemented if the way to monetise your apps is ad.
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
by the way CJB, do you know if there is some way to know the duration of the AD (Video, Static, whatever..)
maybe this way you could start a timer when the ad is shown and calculate the duration, to emulate a kind of rewarded video.. what do you think?
Thanks again!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2016 10:40
Quote: "maybe this way you could start a timer when the ad is shown and calculate the duration"
It is a good idea, and worth a try. We couldn't do this previously because of the way ads were implemented (i.e. you would play an ad, and it would start playing at some random time in the future), but things have improved since then with ads being pre-loaded.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Back in February I made two requests relating to the ads--one of which was to allow us to change banner ad size to smart banner, etc. (we are still limited to the tiny 320px wide ones even on tablets) and the other to support rewarded videos. Paul's response to each were:

Banner Ad Size Support

Quote: "We've been seeing a move away from banner ads towards interstitial ads so those are our priority at the moment, they also seem to perform better than banner ads."

Reward Videos

Quote: "I had a look at reward videos but I couldn't see how the reward side works, unless you use the callback method to contact a server to increase a purchasable coin based system, which only a small portion of our users would use. There didn't seem to be any clear documentation on how you could reward the user locally."

I'm still disheartened in the refusal to add a simple parameter to banners to mark them as smart banner etc. which is really just a matter of passing a different integer to ad.setAdSize behind the scenes as it is hard-coded to AdSize.BANNER right now.

The rewarded videos should surely be more feasible than Paul described at least with Chartboost ads. The other engines I've worked with allow this and other functionality and the Chartboost docs suggest it is not very sophisticated. One other engine I use has a plugin with:

pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Advertising is one of the ways of monetizing apps nowadays, the better perform your app and the smarter you're promoting it, the highger payment you get.
Based on that fact, a revisit to improve some aspects of the current AD functions would be a must and for sure it would open a new world of possibilities.
Is just my opinion.
Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:15:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:15:29