Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / lee bamber the man the myth the legend

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee was lead singer of the band 'the sweet', he created 'father ted' and gave us db classic, db pro and game guru...

All Hail Mr. Bamber!!!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 08:30
Not forgetting his Amiga games
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 15:21
Also, HE's watching us! So, make sure you comb your hair now and then ! \m/
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 10:19
Hail, Lee!

I remember buying Dark Basic Classic in a box, at a computer store long time ago.
Times when Internet buying did not have exploded yet. It was something like year 2001 or so.
It was exciting to have such a nice product in my hands, so I bought it and I had a lot of fun and learning, setting my firsts 3d scenarios.

Thanks Lee, always admired
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 20:56 Edited at: 5th Sep 2016 21:32
My favourite thing about Lee will always be his Games Factory demo game: Zeb
The gameplay was awesome, the art (by Nolan Worthington) was awesome, and the music (by ...... anyone's guess) was awesome too
When I moved to DBP from The Games Factory and found out the guy who made DBP made Zeb, I nearly died

Course, that was all a long time ago now

Unity
(Yeah I don't even really like Java anymore )

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2016 02:29
Looks like a cool game, but the strength of the gravity when he jumps gives me a headache.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2016 19:48
I came to Dark Basic from The Games Factory and remember Zeb quite fondly. It was back then I built my confidence at making things and was lamenting how I couldn't do 3D and then bit the bullet and tried to learn to program using Dark Basic, so when I did find out it was the same Lee Bamber, I was like "huh, small world". Though looking at one of the above links, I never knew he developed Point and Click games for the Amiga, man I miss our old Amiga 500, thing was a beaut. I was also playing Point & Click games on it too, however, none of Lee Bamber's I'm afraid.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:23:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:23:37