Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / TheGameCreators App publishing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A long while ago i was reading an AppGameKit ebook and I remember reading a part that you can sign your product with thegamecreators and they publish your app, create a working port for android and iOS, create a lite and paid version, set up advertisements and charge a percentage, or something similar. Is there anywhere i can read more information about this? Or can I get clarification if this even exists? Thank you very much
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know that anyone ever took them up on this offer and it really hasn't been mentioned in recent years as something they still do. One competition winner in the early days of AppGameKit also waited many months for TGC to finally publish his app and that was only to one store. You are MUCH better off in any case to simply create developer accounts and publish yourself, which has been made much easier in AppGameKit V2 especially on Android. It costs like $20 for an Android developer license and $100 a year for an Apple license to publish your own.
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, true. However, not being 18 is a problem and publishing would get much more traffic, however, thank you very much for your reply
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 12:46
You could start off on Amazon's kindle store - it's free, and has a reasonable footprint. Maybe find someone who's old enough to sign up to that (even though you could probably cheat) - there's no financial risk so easier to convince someone, and then see if they'd sign up for a google developer account for you. I think that the Google Play store is a cess pit of bad apps and preferential marketing, if nobody knows about your app then there's no point in even releasing it... there is a more positive outlook on the Apple store at least, but I think that should be funded by app earnings, £100 is a chunk of money to risk. I think that ideally you'd find someone old enough who knows a bit about marketing, and might be able to help you promote your apps and look after the bank stuff.
The code is dark and full of errors
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, great point Van B i haven't thought of using amazon kindle store. Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:14:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:14:22