Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / SQLite Support in AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 13:56
Is this on the cards?
a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Very interesting for me too.
RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
I assume you mean for Tier 1? If not, this can be compiled in effortlessly in Tier 2. Just grab the amalgamation source.
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 20:42
Best to do it in Tier 2.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
A lot of us have requested this since 2013 but nothing has been offered yet to support it in Tier 1. The SQLite C++ interface is not terribly complicated so I wouldn't foresee it being a major implementation challenge. Many other development platforms support it and it would be a welcomed addition.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 14:00
It's on my list of things to look at, but implementation is only the first step. In order to write Tier 1 commands I need to understand the use cases, write suitable commands that cover those cases whilst being as simple as possible, document the commands, test them, and then maintain them.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 18:44 Edited at: 6th Jul 2016 18:54
@paul
Quote: "the use cases, write suitable commands that cover those cases whilst being as simple as possible"

minimum
db=database open(connect string)
close(db)
result=query(db,sql string)
row=result(rowindex)
field=row(columnindex)
value$=field.getString()
better
stringvalue$=row(columnindex) match the same type or runtime error
floatvalue#=row(columnindex) match the same type or runtime error
intvalue=row(columnindex) match the same type or runtime error

where the result is a list of rows,
each row can read columns via index or names, in java its getInteger(columnindex) or getstring("fieldname"),getFloat(column)
i think in agk the result can be just a snapshot. data changes are possible via sql update statement.
optimal the field value type from database should match agk datatype without a converter between.
in the sql query its possible to use CAST() or CONVERT() to get a certain type that will match agks integer,float,string
AGK (Steam) V2.0.19 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.3.2) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2016 21:54
@ Paul,

I've been ranting on about this for ages too. I think it would REALLY enhance AGK2.

I created the SQLITE plugin for DBPro and it greatly opened up the sorts of things I could do with DBPro.

I really really hope this gets a priority. If you do implement it, the obvious match made in heaven is between the BLOB data type in Sqlite and Memblocks. HUGE A-bomb advancement of AGK2 with that!

Please please do think about this enhancement asap.....
a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:23:11