Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Chartboost rewarded video

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,
I would like to know if there is some plan to include some more functions to control or get info about the admob or chartboost advertisement (video, static, etc).
Some users shown their interest time ago, and as they said, it appears to be something affordable that allow users to monetize their apps in a easier and better way.
I'm asking concisely for the rewarded video because it seems to stablish a clear mechanic to monetization for apps, as it is shown in a lot of docs talking about it.
I'd be really interested in knowing if there are plans to do it.
Thanks a lot in advance!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 22:19 Edited at: 5th Jul 2016 22:19
I agree completely. Most of the highest grossing apps currently on the market including rewarded videos. A lot of them do not even have IAP capabilities in favor of this ad-supported behavior. I posted ad enhancement requests as a separate thread early this year but it received no responses. Paul did respond in another thread, saying:

Quote: "We've been seeing a move away from banner ads towards interstitial ads so those are our priority at the moment, they also seem to perform better than banner ads. I had a look at reward videos but I couldn't see how the reward side works, unless you use the callback method to contact a server to increase a purchasable coin based system, which only a small portion of our users would use. There didn't seem to be any clear documentation on how you could reward the user locally."
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 14:03
It's on my list, but for now Chartboost will let you set up a video only interstitial which will show the same videos as reward ads, but displayed in a different way. You can display these in AppGameKit using the Chartboost full screen ad commands.
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot for your answer Xcept.
Paul, much appreciated as well.
Paul, What I need (and as far as I can guess some other users out there) is to know when a video (interstitial) has finished, so we can give the player something (points, coins, lives or whatever) and if I'm right, you can get the cash for showing the entire video.
As far as I know, now you can show a full screen video from chartboost but the user can close it in any moment, is this right? so you can only take the money if the user 'tap' on the video to go to whatever the link/open app store, etc.

How could I control if the user watch the entire video or not (or do whatever the stuff that Chartboost need someone do to pay)
Is there any way to do that?

Not sure if I've expressed my points and doubts.. ;P

Any help or correction will be more than welcome.
Thanks a lot again.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 22:27
There is an option in the campaign advanced settings "allow player to skip video", so I assume you could use that to force the user to watch the entire video as a normal interstitial. I tried to test it but couldn't get any video ads, there may also be a problem with fill rate for video ads outside the US, but I don't know.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 08:24
Forcing users to watch interstitial video ads results in bad feedback on play store. Give them the option to close the ad, but if you are implementing some kind of reward, then make sure they are aware of that to encourage them to watch the whole thing. Keep in mind that you still won't get anything out of it if they watch the whole vid when the dev has set a CPI or CPC bid. You'll only get paid if a user clicks on the ad, or installs their app. It is possible that reward vids are more likely to pay just for watching the vid, which is one of the reasons I'd like to see these implemented.

My experience with Chartboost is that it tends to serve the same ad (or set of ads) over and over again. Forcing a user to sit through the same ad will get on their nerves. Give them the option to close the vid (there is an option for this in your Chartboost campaign advanced settings).

Currently I am earning approximately 4x as much with Admob than Chartboost but I suspect that is because we can't use reward vids.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot for your comments CJB!

Correct me if I'm wrong but maybe a kind of emulation of a rewarded video would be playing with GetResumed() function to know when your app comes from background. make sense?
I mean, in example, if you launch a chartboost AD that user cannot close, neccesarily when you come back from video (and your app is not in background) that means that user has watched the entire video so you can reward him, right?
The thing would be something like this, more or less:

- Load and launch a video and let any variable = 1 (a "type" of reward video has been launched)
- See if my app is not in background through GetResumed() and the variable indicating a video was launched =1, so that means the video has finished and I can reward to the player

make sense?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 15:49
Sure it makes sense, but it still doesn't mean you'll get paid if the user watches the whole vid, and will only put users off if they are forced to watch the same vid over and over again. Bad feedback on the store is to be avoided.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean CJB? not sure of understaing
What would be the reason you don't get paid if the user watch the entire video? What are the concepts Chartboost pay you for?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 23:49
You might only get paid if a user clicks on the vid, or installs the advertised app. Just watching a regular interstitial all the way through doesn't always mean you'll earn from it as far as I'm aware. Reward vids however are purpose built to pay on being watched, so it's a good reason to implement.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:18:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:18:25