Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / HTTP Sending email to yourself

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Could someone please clear the air on these confusing as hell HTTP commands that AppGameKit has and please make a comprehensive tutorial that involves:

How to send an email to yourself
How to add an attachment to the email
How to include AppGameKit variables in the php script
Explain how to setup agk for HTTP commands

As a beginner with these sorts of commands and functions there is very little detail on how to properly utilise this side of AppGameKit and a tutorial is very much needed.
most of the stuff on the web assumes you understand php or you know how to use the HTTP commands AppGameKit includes.

Cheers heaps for any assistance!

Real programmers don't comment their code, because if it was hard to write it must be hard to read!

- PixHil Entertainment
Download Pixel Smasher on the App Store today!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 14:38
You could try these:
Quote: "Added ShareText() and ShareImage() commands to share text and images with external apps, asks the user to choose the app"

The user could choose how to share this content?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2016 10:32 Edited at: 8th Jul 2016 10:32
Quote: "How to send an email to yourself
How to add an attachment to the email"

You can't send an email through HTML.

Quote: "How to include AppGameKit variables in the php script"

This requires PHP knowledge. You really need to understand the basics of PHP to use PHP scripts and how to send data to and from it.
You could for example use this send post data to the PHP script: SendHTTPRequestASync( iHTTP, szServerFile, szPostData )

Quote: "Explain how to setup agk for HTTP commands"

You would use these to connect to the host: CreateHTTPConnection() and SetHTTPHost()
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2016 10:45
I send emails from my app, but I use Elastic Emai via their HTTP API. ( http://api.elasticemail.com/public/help )

You get 25,000 emails a month for free.
Divided
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers guys but I've opted for another alternative. (Xamarin Studios)

It was silly of me to think about building an application using agk instead of a game.

It just lacks too much of the basic infrastructure necessary to create a professional application that isn't a game.
Real programmers don't comment their code, because if it was hard to write it must be hard to read!

- PixHil Entertainment
Download Pixel Smasher on the App Store today!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:23:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:23:57