Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK2 Input of ascii characters up to 255?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2016 18:04
Hello, I hope everyone is making nice things. So having in the past sorted the issues I had with use of extended characters, I'm now trying to compile a mac version using AGK2 and have hit a wall.

Please, please- is it possible to input ascii characters 128-255 into the EditBox?

They're displaying fine, but when I try to use the EditBox I get a message saying "This edit box does not support extended characters." Is it something I'm doing wrong? I got quite far into the solution of using raw keyboard input, but this app is specifically for distribution around Europe and I just couldn't get it to work reliably across the different keyboard configurations. I can't think of another solution but am open to suggestions, because basically I'm having my arse kicked and being told I simply need to make it work. I know similar issues have been discussed already, but those appeared to be about UTF-8 which I don't need; just the ascii characters.
Any ideas?
I bring cats for all.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2016 14:06
You will need to use SetEditBoxExtendedFontImage to add a font image for characters 128 to 255. The default font uses an internal image Arial.png which unfortunately only has characters 32 to 127.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2016 16:12
in that case myself using one image for chars 0-255
SetEditBoxExtendedFontImage ( index, image )
SetEditBoxFontImage ( index, image )
AGK (Steam) V2.0.19 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.3.2) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:15:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:15:54