Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [IDE] [BUG] [ANDROID] Parse error when using Eclipse keystore with alias and PW(s) contain special characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2016 04:39
Our game has a keystore which we generated with Eclipse. The keystore has an alias, both passwords have special characters.
Unfortunately the AppGameKit IDE's Android export option somehow doesn't pass this along correctly.
The build happens just fine, but the APK cannot be installed due to a parse error.
I've tested with multiple keystore PW / alias PW combinations and it seems to be that when both the keystore PW and alias PW have non-alphanumeric characters then this occurs.
Signing is fine with alphanumerics on both PWs.

I'm not sure what character(s) specifically cause the issue, because I use a few in our keystore.
Here's the list:
@
^
!
$

I also use uppers and lowers. So that might be the issue too?
Anyway I'm going to try to manually sign it. If that fails I guess I'll have to dig my brains and go through the painful process of building the android player.

If Paul reads this and there is a quick fix he could toss out, that would be awesome!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2016 05:45 Edited at: 19th Jul 2016 06:26
Signing with jarsigner has worked just fine. Not sure what happens in the AppGameKit build process that causes the issue, but I'm just resigning it with jarsigner. Overall not to terrible.
It is possible that when you're running jarsigner that you're not putting double quotes around the passwords. Not sure... If you're using gradle then it could be that you're not quoting the string in Build.properties
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2016 15:56
Thanks, I've added quotes to the passwords when calling jarsigner

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:32:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:32:17