Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Neon Bunniez Remake

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 21st Jul 2016 05:48 Edited at: 9th Jul 2017 04:46
So yeah this is probably the 5th WIP I've posted in a row, and I haven't finished any other the others yet, but I've been making good progress on this so far and I'm hoping to actually finish it some day

EDIT: IT'S RELEASED!

So basically I'm remaking Neon Bunniez, the first major game I ever made. I started working on Neon Bunniez around 4 or 5 years ago, some of you may remember it.
It generally got fairly bad reviews, the graphics was terrible, the music was terrible, the level design was terrible, the interface was terrible and it was really bloated and laggy. However there was one thing I got right and that was the gameplay.
Now, about 10 published games later (and at least as many unfinished games), I've decided to go ahead and remake it, this time actually investing time in the design and graphics. Hopefully I'll get it right this time and create a really solid game

So I present for you,
NA4!

So far I've made the basic game engine and a level editor for it.
What's left:
Finish off the game engine
Fine tune the graphics
Design levels (50+, maybe more like 100)
Design the interface
Testing
Publish

Any feedback/encouragement is appreciated I will hopefully get around to making a video next week and uploading a demo soon after
And yes, I've simply copied much of the graphics over from my last WIP in case anybody noticed lol. I thought the graphics style looked pretty sick so I've reused most of the assets.

Cheers,
EB

My Games - Latest WIP - My Website: Immortal.Digital - FB - Twitter
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting

Attachments

Login to view attachments
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems like a very interesting idea! I like the graphics, the dark style.
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 23:25
This looks cool. Nice style
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 03:00 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:50
Well I've put a lil bit of work into it. The level editor is fully functional, the graphics is looking fairly good, gonna have to tweak it a fair bit though.

From here I'll just add a few different blocks to interact with (magnets, lasers, various switches etc), then start on designing some levels

I've added a video and some screenshots to the original post

I'll upload a playable demo hopefully next week

Any feedback is appreciated!

VIDEO:

Cheers,
EB

My Games - Latest WIP

Attachments

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 12:37
Nice use of the BOX2D physics. I love the dotted line to show where it is going to fire... would love to see a tutorial on how you do that!

A really nice looking project. How do you intent to monetize it (if at all!)?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 14:42 Edited at: 9th Sep 2016 19:50
This looks really nice! Well done... I quite enjoyed Neon Bunniez, so looking forward to trying this one out...

Like CJB, I'd be interested to see how you achieved the firing path. I vaguely remember you talking about it way back when, wasn't it something like playing out the physics, but not rendering it to the screen? Or something like that lol?
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 21:14 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:49
Yeah pretty close haha, so what I do is keep track of every physics object in an array, then I simply loop through them all and record each sprites position+velocity. Then I apply the physics impulse to the player, then enter a for/next loop (looping approx 50 times). In that loop, I call Update(), then keep track of the player position in an array as it moves. After the loop ends, you just loop through every object again and reset it's position/velocity.

It probably isnt the most efficient way of doing it, but it seems to work pretty well

I'll write a proper tutorial and post it on the forum if I ever get around to it

As for how to monetize it, I'm simply planning on selling it for $1.99
I know selling apps generally just isn't done these days, but after much deliberation I've come to the conclusion that it is in fact the best way to make money from app dev. You see, if you go check the Google Play Top New Paid games right now, you'll notice 2 interesting things.
1. Only a few of the games are high quality.
2. You only have to go about 20 games down and a lot of them have like 50 installs.

This means it's incredibly easy to get into the Top New Paid charts on Google Play. You literally just need 10 installs with 0 uninstalls and you're in the top 20. This gives you free advertising to literally hundreds of thousands of users! To get on the Top New Free chart, you literally need a minimum of 10,000 installs...

Now the problem is that nobody actually wants to pay money for apps the good news is that that isn't true in fact, almost nobody wants to pay for apps. But there is a small portion of users who are happy to pay for games, and these users are looking for quality products with flashy good-looking screens (like my game xD).

Basically I think that right now, the niche is very skewed. Maybe 1/50 players is happy to pay for games, but only 1/1000 games is actually paid. (Not actually figures, but it gives you the idea). As long as you make a game that's fun, and most importantly looks impressive in the screenshots, people will buy.

Hope you don't mind the wall of text

Cheers,
EB

My Games - Latest WIP
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2016 05:32 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:49
I've added a laser now! Here's a video

My Games - Latest WIP
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2016 11:52
Quote: "You literally just need 10 installs with 0 uninstalls and you're in the top 20"

Wow. I'd be happy to buy if it helps you out. Supporting the community and all that
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2016 05:02 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:49
I've attached a PLAYABLE DEMO!

Please check it out and let me know what you think

This is the basic engine of the game. The graphics and UI will still be tweaked a lot.
I've designed 10 levels for this demo. Each one showcases a different feature of the game.

CONTROLS:
Simply click, drag, and release!

You have 4 lives to complete each level (check the bar in the top left) However I've added a Godmode for this demo, use the home key to toggle it.

TO RESTART A LEVEL, Press Esc to go back to the menu, then hit Start again

THE AIM: (Pun intended)
Collect the 3 vials, then exit through the finish. The finish will only appear after you collect all 3.

FEATURES:
Lasers, Teleporters, Switches, Doors, Rotating Blocks, Falling blocks, Jet Streams, Funky Vines, Sick Grass and fancy cool Particle Effects!

KNOWN ISSUES:
Lag spikes occasionally on aiming. (Looking into this)

[href=https://forum.thegamecreators.com/attachment/78025]DOWNLOAD HERE/href]
Edit: Note that you can get the Android APK in a later post

Cheers,
EB

My Games - Latest WIP

Attachments

damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 20th Oct 2016 07:43
Hiya

Now this is a lot better and looks really fun to play

I have downloaded the demo and its great.

One suggestion, get all those PNG images encrypted by my encryption/decryption functions technique

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/218126

Good luck -)

Damo
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 11:07 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:48
Thanks I'll look into that for the release version.

Did you finish all the levels?

My Games - Latest WIP
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 13:45
Up to Level 2 lol - the health goes quite fast - So we need to be really fast in play - and struggled to get in between the walls to catch the final vinal for this level
Thus, the wall falls - A vinal gets stuck behind the wall, so struggles to get to it in time for such a low level

If there are tuns of levels, perhaps slow down the health bar to a percentage rate of the level

Eg.
Level 1 = health steps down slowwwwwly
Level 2 = health steps down slowwwwly
Level 3 = health steps down slowwwly
Level 4 = health steps down slowwly
Level 5 = health steps down slowly
Level 6 = health steps down fast
Level 7 = health steps down faster
Level 8 = health steps down fasterr
Level 9 = health steps down fasterrr
Level 10 = health steps down fasterrrr
Level 11 = health steps down fasterrrrr
Level 12 = health steps down fasterrrrrr
Level 13 = health steps down fasterrrrrrr
etc
If ya get me meaning

But this is my opinion, I'm rubbish at "playing" games anyway - id rather stick to creating them, others may think differently.

But excellent work, keep up the good work

Damo

Started coding with AMOS
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2016 11:30
This demo is awesome, works really well.

Looking forward to seeing the full release
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 08:16 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:48
So an update on my marketing endeavours

I think this experiment can he considered a great success. The ONLY marketing I did for this game was a post here on the agk forum, and a post on Reddit/r/Android.
The result of those 2 posts? 175 views and 12 installs. That's a 7% conversation rate which is pretty terrible. I think average for free apps is like 20-40%.

Now what was the result of those 12 installs? Well I skyrocketed to the top 30 on Google Play. What was the outcome of that? 6,750 views! Now sadly I've only had 48 installs from those view. A 0.5% install rate is REALLY bad. As we've already established above, my marketing is something i could have improved on a lot.

Now if I had had even a rather low 10%, that would equate to 700 installs which would without a doubt place me at the very top of the charts.

Also, if you paid for advertising, it would cost a fair bit to get 7000 views. I don't know the figures, but I assume you pay something like $0.05 per click? That's $350. This means ive basically gotten $350 worth of advertising absolute free! And with hardly any effort.

I think it's pretty clear if you have a quality product, going premium is not a bad idea at all.

Cheers,
EB

My Games - Latest WIP
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 29th Oct 2016 12:33
Sorry if I sound silly - but did you say that *we* have to pay £0.05 per click to someone? - I thought the idea of us publishing games is for us to make money not give It back

I thought with Google Play that

- we pay just £25 to get onto the Developer console (one off lifetime fee)

- Add our games to the store via the console - either making them free or assign a payment to the game.

- People download / install or purchase a game

We make money! - Jobs a good en!!

Could you possibly advise accordingly if I'm incorrect with the above and how it all really works before I venture out with Google Play

Cheers

Damo

Started coding with AMOS
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2016 17:49
He was talking about paying to run an advertising campaign to drive traffic to the app.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2016 03:20 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2016 03:24
damo,

Hm I like that idea about the health... I think I'll do it sort of like golf though, like in golf you have a par 5, or par 9 or whatever for each hole. Well I'll simply choose how many shots you're given for each level when I design them. This could make for a lot more diversity in level design.

And yeah as Ortu said, I was talking about if you pay for AdMob or whatever to promote your game. Once you've bought AppGameKit and a Google Play Developer Licence you need not pay anything more.
However it can be very difficult to get people to discover your game. A fresh game on Google Play will almost never get downloaded without any effort because people will never find it.
There are basically 3 ways to get users to discover your game.
1. App Store Optimisation, where you research what keywords people look up and use those as much as possible in your description and even your title. ASO is important in getting users to find your game, but it won't have a huge effect in getting users to find your game initially, since Google's internal app ranking algorithm won't have any data for your game, and as such won't rank it highly.
2. Submitting to review sites. There are 2 types of sites to submit to, free and paid. Most sites have both options. The free ones are washed out with hundreds of submissions, and it can be very difficult to get anybody to review it. The paid ones generally cost between $50-$300 for a review. I've never tried one, so I can't say how much traffic they generate.
3. Advertising Campaigns. There are several networks you can use (AdMob, ChartBoost, TapJoy, to name a few). Most use a pay per click method*, where you pay around $0.05 each time somebody clicks on and ad for your game. This is a reliable way to generate views for your game. If users consistently install your game and generate a profit, then advertising is a good idea. If you get a low view/install ratio and users don't generate much profit, then you'll just end up losing money.

So if you don't want to pay money to get users to discover your game. You're basically limited to ASO and getting lucky with review sites.

That's what I was experimenting with with my other game. I wanted to get a lot of app exposure without spending cash. And it worked. Really really well.
I didn't do any ASO at all, didn't do any advertising, and didn't submit to a single review site. I've had 9,000 views. If I had done ASO and worked on my marketing, that would probably equate to around 900 installs, which would snowball the views and installs too.
Hope that's informative

*Some use a different method, where you integrate their network into your own game, but instead of getting paid cash when people click on your ad, they will serve an ad for YOUR game in return.
So basically everytime you advertise somebody else, they will advertise for you. This is essentially the same as running your own advertising in your game, but it won't cost you anything.
The downside is that it's entirely useless if you don't already have users lol

Anyways I've successfully added sticky blocks now! They were much more difficult than you would think lol. You would think it's as simple as checking for physics collision and adding a Weld Joint, but the problem is that since the player can travel really really fast, it will hit the object and bounce off within a single frame. This means that when you detect collision and create a weld joint, the player wont actually be in collision with the sticky wall and he'll end up floating in the middle of space
I tried a lot of different ways of getting it to work, from trying to set the sprite position based on the offset of the physics collision, to using GetSpriteDistance and moving it back.
Finally I hit upon the solution. I simply do this:

This will loop through up to 1 full frame in physics, but with the player going exactly backwards, and stopping as soon as it collides. It will cause a very slight jump (1/75th to 1/750th of a second, depending on how far it bounced), but I don't think that will have any noticeable effect on the game.

That's the engine complete, I'm gonna work a lil bit more on the graphics, then design the UI for the game, then start on some levels! I should have something to show for it soon

Cheers,
EB

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 05:54 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:47
Long time no update

Just posting this to keep it unlocked and a quick update. I should be able to post an alpha release soonish, depending how much I procrastinate

ToDo:
Tweak the engine
Fine tune the graphics
Finish the UI
Figure out where I got all those graphics from and add attribution
Add snazzy SFX
Design 100s of levels
Add lots of secrets and easter eggs

Then it's on to release!

My Games - Latest WIP
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 12:59
I like your game very much. It is very addictive.
I would like to see it finished
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 13:26
Like George, I'm keen to play this game! Keep up the great coding!
Development Director
TGC Team
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 03:01 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:47
I've changed the engine so I can set custom invervals and delays on timer objects. This means I can do some cool things with doors and lasers now!
So here I've set a 0.1 second delay between each door, making really really difficult to get through

Quote: "I like your game very much. It is very addictive.
I would like to see it finished"

Thanks! I'd like to see it finished too

Quote: "Like George, I'm keen to play this game! Keep up the great coding!"

Thanks heaps Really appreciating the obvious extra effort you guys at TGC are putting into AppGameKit this year. AppGameKit really is hands down the best option for coding mobile games. There's no way I could have done a project like this using any other development option.

My Games - Latest WIP
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 10:31 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 01:47
Are you ready... for the
ANDROID ALPHA RELEASE!

Yeah that's right! I've done some massive under-the-hood changes [actually I'm just saying that to make it look like I've done more work than I really did], touched up the UI, added some really AWESOME music and sfx, slightly changed the way gameplay works and generally made this game presentable!

How to play:
Each level has a designated number of shots you can take to finish it. Your shots are represented by the bars in the top left
1. Tap and drag back to launch the bioUnit [made that name up on the spot cos I didn't know what to call it]
2. Collect the three Vials by hitting with the bioUnit to open the portal
3. Enter the portal to finish the level

Tips:
Aiming will cause the bioUni to slow down much faster than normal (increasing damping and decrease restitution). Use this to stop the bioUnit from running into lasers and other nasty contraptions!
You can tap anywhere on the screen to aim, however you should always tap somewhere near the middle of the screen so you have room to move your finger around

Features:
10 playable levels, showcasing different features of the game
Some really sick music I found on incompetech.com, alongside a bunch of sfx
A fully working UI
Awesome lookin graphics (well I like the graphics anyways)
Deadly lasers, dark scary vines, autonomous walls [read rotating], mind bending teleporters, spit second timed doors, and much much more [jk, that's about it]
A cool easter egg in level 8, so make sure you play that far

Known Issues:
Will occasionally freeze upon firing. Tapping the screen will restart the level immediately
Sometimes shots will 'dud'. Instead of going where you aim, they will spin really really fast and not really go anywhere
The settings and like button don't actually do anything
Level 9 and 10 are really bad [Took like an hour to do 8 levels, didnt want to do anymore but needed 10]

>>>>>DOWNLOAD APK HERE<<<<<

I would be thrilled if you give it a shot (ha ha ha), and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism is encouraged

Cheers,
EB

My Games - Latest WIP
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 21:42
So I've been getting pretty much exclusively positive feedback about this game so far from the people I've got to test it. I'm thinking it'll be worth purchasing an Apple Developer Licence solely for this game. Then I thought, why stop there?
I'd like advice on whether I should look to put this on Steam too.
Would this game reach the quality standards of Steam? Would it appeal to the steam demographic? What issues am I likely to run into? How much extra work on top of publishing for mobile will steam publishing add? Is Steam profitable?

Overall I'd just like the honest opinion of other devs, is it worth going to the effort of putting this on Steam? I am looking at this solely from the position of making a profit.

My Games - Latest WIP
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 01:45
As I've post before, I like your game and, I encourage you to proceed.
I always believe it is better to try because if you don't, you will never know.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 21:37
I've set up Twitter and FB social media accounts. I'd love a follow or two

https://www.facebook.com/ImmortalDigital
https://twitter.com/ImmortalDigital

My Games - Latest WIP
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 01:23
Anddddd I've added a tutorial

My Games - Latest WIP
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 04:27
Sorry for the triple post, but I have another update

I've decided to add an entire new gameplay mechanic.
Introducing ARTIFACTS

What are artifacts you may ask? Well I'll start from the beginning.
What's going to happen when a user gets to level 100 and finishes the game? They'll uninstall, that's what. Naturally I want them to play my game for as long as possible. That's where artifacts come in.

Artifacts are random objects* hidden throughout the various levels in unexpected places, They're only visible when you get close to them, so it might take a fair bit of searching to find them.
I'll have ~20 artifacts in the game. The idea is that once a player finishes the game, instead of simply uninstalling, they'll go back through each level to try and find all the artifacts they've missed.

Once I've properly implemented artifacts, I'll do some final graphics touch-ups, then on to level designing!
I can feel the end in sight

*Examples: Mushroom, Apple, Umbrella, Dolphin, Martini, Comb

My Games - Latest WIP
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 05:36
You've just got a fb follower
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 11:33 Edited at: 15th Feb 2017 07:13
Welp I've tweaked the graphics to the point where I think it's ready for release. I even slightly randomised the grass so it doesn't look freshly cut like something out of The Walking Dead Although I still need to work on making the menu a bit prettier. I reworked the soundtrack a bit. I had been using Industrial Cinematic, but with the strings section from Killers put in the middle (cause I liked that strings section xD). But I decided, much to my own disappointment that I should remove the strings section. It was pretty distracting and noisy. Now the soundtrack is basically just a heavy drum beat with the occasional synth/strings/bells.

I also tracked down a nasty little bug that was causing the bioUnit to fire inaccurately. I've made it so the player restitution dynamically changes. When you fire, it instantly sets to 0.2, but rapidly increases to 0.7 after, however while you're aiming it's at 0.8
Turns out I wasn't updating it properly when firing, but I was updating it while aiming, so the prediction would be off. The thing is, since it automatically reverts so quickly after firing, this bug was unnoticeable except when you bounce off of a wall from really close. The bug itself was pretty simple, but the result was really confusing

What's left:
MAKE LEVELS
Improve tutorial
Add some easter eggs!
Marketing and release!

Finish off UI (not much left, just move a few buttons around a change some graphics) (Done!)
Tweak sound effects (Done!)
Add Settings Screen (Done!)

Easter egg ideas of mine:
So with the tutorial framework I've added, it's really really simple for me to add custom interactions for various levels. This means I can do cool things like make rain effects on one level, maybe windy with leaves blowing around in another. Have an alien ship fly by on a different level. I might make one level night time, where everything is black. You can see the vials/player, but not where any of the walls are.

I'm about to spend some late night hours coding. I'll tick these off as I do them (either that or I'll spend some late nite hours Dota2ing)

EDIT: And I'm done! I'm happy with the state of the graphics, SFX and game engine! Time to start churning out levels
To be honest I'm kinda surprised I've made it this far with this project it's been so long since I'm actually finished something I started

Edit 2: And my new website is live!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 10:44 Edited at: 18th Feb 2017 10:53
So I really want to nail the initial impression users get from my game.

This means the following are the most important things (in this order):
1. The icon [they wont click on it if they don't like the icon]
2. The screenshots/video [they wont install if they don't like how it looks
3. The first 5 minutes after opening the game

In wanting to make a really solid icon design, I've been looking at a lot of professional icons for inspiration. Two that stood out to me in context of my game are This War of Mine and Plague. I have been inspired shamelessly ripped off their icon designs for my own and put them into a mockup of what the Google Play page would look like with my game on it.

I would LOVE it if people could take a look at the mockup and let me know what they think of the design. I've placed each of my two designs twice in the mockup. Once near the top and once further down.
I've also placed the icons for This War of Mine and Plague in it so you can see how similar they are to my icons. I'd like advice on whether they might be too similar. ie Anybody with legal experience please let me know if I'm gonna get sued

Click here to view the mockup

Feedback I'd like:
1. Initial impressions of both icons
2. Preferred icon
3. Do you think they are too similar to the inspiration icons?
4. Is there anything you think I should change about the icons
5. Do you have an stellar ideas for a different icon? Maybe one that isn't borderline intellectual property breaching

Edit: I've decided that the border on the bioHazard icon should be grey (like the Tendrils icon). Let me know if you agree with this decision

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 12:02 Edited at: 19th Feb 2017 12:28
Beta Testers Wanted

Welp it's fast approaching finish time! I can't think of anything more I can do, literally I just have to make another 85 levels and then it's time for release!

Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'd really really like some feedback on the game right now [I don't want to make 100 levels, then ask for feedback and find I should rewrite the game engine and lose all those levels]. I'd also love feedback from any friends/family members you can con into testing my game
This copy of the game is fully functioning right up until level 10. So from the moment you open the app until you reach level 10, this is exactly how a brand new player will see the final product. This is why I'd like feedback from as many people as possible. I want to see how legitimate users would respond after they download this game.

Download APK [31 MB]

I'm looking for feedback in all/any of the following areas:
GAMEPLAY:
1. How well does the tutorial explain the gameplay?
2. Is there anything else you think the tutorial should include
3. Was the tutorial easy to follow?
4. Do you find elements of the gameplay frustrating? [and make you want to stop playing]
5. Do you find the gameplay fun?
GRAPHICS/DESIGN:
1. Do you think any of the graphics elements look out of place?
2. Do you have any issues seeing things on screen with the dark colour scheme? (particularly in sunlight)
3. If so, does turning on the light colour scheme in the settings fix these problems?
4. Is the UI intuitive?
5. Do you like the icon?
LEVEL DESIGN:
1. Did you get stuck on any of the levels?
2. If so, did you want to keep beating it, or did you get frustrated, give up, and uninstall?
3. Did the first 5-10 levels keep you interested in the game and keep you playing?
4. Did you feel the skill curve with the levels was reasonable?
BONUS:
1. Any comments, observations, misc feedback?
2. Did you find the 2 hidden artifacts? [You have to get close to them to see them. They're hidden in different levels]

I'd like to get feedback from 5-10 people if possible [family/friends included in that]. I really want to know how users respond to the first 10 minutes of playing. If they get understand the game and get hooked, or if it's confusing/frustrating/boring.
Of course I'm happy with whatever feedback I can get. Even 1 person is better than none

>>> Download APK [31 MB] <<<

kwandjeen
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
I tested and finished the first 10 levels and here is my return.
Gameplay:
1. The tutorial is fine and sufficient. It is concise and clear. I do not like tutorials that take too long to get started.
2. No
3. Yes
4. I find the gameplay nice.
5. The game is smooth fluid and I liked to play there.
GRAPHIC / DESIGN:
I find the graphics well. Maybe a little bit less dark it would take. On the edge the guideline brown on black is not seen much and it can hinder.
The color palette is fine.
The interface is instinctive.
LEVEL DESIGN:
I was not stuck on the levels. The difficulty curve is correct for me.
I have not seen past levels and it made me want to continue.
BONUS:
I saw only one artifact (a boat it seems to me)

Conclusion: The game is pleasant, Everything is fluid on my galaxy note 2. The color palette is good but can be a little too dark. Now you have to find something to liven up the following levels.
Congratulations on your work.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 11:40
kwandjeen,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad you liked my game. I'll see what I can do about lighting up the colours (I have added a bright mode which you can turn on in the settings, but that's more for using like in sunlight).
From level 10 I'll begin introducing more complex levels, as well as different level structures (open levels where you can fall off the edge for example), and different gameplay elements like lasers/teleporters etc.
I just want to make sure that the players get a firm understanding of how the game works and don't get frustrated/bored and quit too soon.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2017 06:52
A quick update, I'm up to level 47! Only 62 to go
Turns out because of the way I've implemented the tutorial, it's really really simple to add custom logic and modify the entire behaviour of individual levels. This means I can easily add easter egg levels.
One unique levels I've done so far is simply turn off gravity. I'm planning on doing one where you have infinite shots but a 10 second time limit to finish the level. I'll make a couple of super large levels where it's zoomed out. Working on one right now with some fancy raining effects
If anybody has any great ideas for unique levels, please let me know. Any help is appreciated

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2017 14:55
Cant wait to see it released! Love the style
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 08:25
Quick update. I'm still working on this project, just working on level design at the moment. It's incredibly tedious lol. I only have 37 levels to go, then on to release! Although I'm planning on spending quite some time preparing for release on the marketing side of things.
Gonna submit this to GDWC too, hopefully pick up one of those AppGameKit prizes

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2017 11:43
Made a new trailer

Level design is coming along slooooowwwwwwlllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Have 30 more to make. I'm gonna add a new type of block so I have something else to work with. I'm starting to find it difficult to come up with new things to invent lol.
I'm expecting to finish the level design in about 1 month, and be published in 2!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2017 07:14
20 levels to go! I'm pretty good at this whole procrastinating business, not so good at the level designing business but
Still, I'm slowly but surely getting it finished.
I'm thinking of adding target times for each level to increase replayabilty, but might just do that in an update

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2017 13:21
Hey, this is looking really nice. Going for 99 levels is frankly little short of heroic; good luck with the final 20! I know I'd never have the patience, but it's great for players to have that much content.

Just a quick suggestion; are you planning on adding a custom mouse cursor for the PC version? Looking at the trailer, it's really great, but the standard windows mouse cursor looks a little bit jarring to me, especially given how nice the rest of it looks.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2017 01:50
Quote: "Hey, this is looking really nice. Going for 99 levels is frankly little short of heroic; good luck with the final 20! I know I'd never have the patience, but it's great for players to have that much content."

Thanks! I'd been planning on finishing the levels 2 months ago, but due to my persistent procrastination, I still have to more to go Sure am glad I don't have deadlines lol.

Quote: "Just a quick suggestion; are you planning on adding a custom mouse cursor for the PC version? Looking at the trailer, it's really great, but the standard windows mouse cursor looks a little bit jarring to me, especially given how nice the rest of it looks."

Well I wasn't but now that you say it, that's a really good idea. Lol I had been wondering how to remove the cursor from the screen recording for the mobile video, didn't even cross my mind just to use a custom cursor.

Anyways, I'm up to level 89. It's been super slow coming up with new levels. I think for the last 10, I'm just gonna do a countdown, as in level 90 will be in the shape of a 10, level 91 will be in the shape of a nine etc. Will make designing them easier
Then it's on to release. The first update I'll do will add speed runs for each level giving a certain number of stars depending how fast you completed it.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2017 14:49 Edited at: 26th Jun 2017 16:11
After months of procrastination.............. 3 more levels to go

Edit: Up to my final level o.O

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2017 17:07
I can't wait to play. I am curious to see what is going on in level 94.

It's kind of cool of you to use numerical level design for the last 10 levels
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 03:41
Quote: "I can't wait to play"

Thanks! It should be released in a couple of weeks or so. I just have to add a couple more tweaks and test the whole thing, then do all the PR stuff

Quote: "I am curious to see what is going on in level 94"

Funny story about that level. I made the level and spent a solid 20 minutes trying to finish it, I was so close! Then I realised that if it was going to take me 20 minutes to finish it, I probably shouldn't put it in the game. Fortunately it was pretty simple to make the level easier and now it's actually possible to consistently get through it lol. I'm still not sure if it's even possible to finish it how I originally designed it.

Quote: "It's kind of cool of you to use numerical level design for the last 10 levels"

The best part about that is it made it super easy to design them normally I would spend about 20 minutes searching for architecture images on google for inspiration before each level

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 12:33
It is going to be interesting to see how far I can get. You must be really good at the game since you have most likely played it the most thus far; but I tend to find these types of games very difficult to play at first. But I digress, and am looking forward to the release.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 16:31 Edited at: 27th Jun 2017 16:55
I tried to make the difficulty curve pretty gentle, but yeah I've probably played this game for upwards of 100 hours, so I might not judge the difficulty too well Hopefully it's okay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, I spent most of the day (and most of the night too lol) working on a brand new trailer

Gonna tweak a couple of things but this is pretty much what I'm gonna have for the final trailer. Let me know what you all think

ToDo:
Final Testing
Make an iOS build (the most difficult part here since I don't own a single Apple product)
Make a PressKit()
Try and get some marketing going
Publish!

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2017 10:58
I like it. Trailers can take up so much time and resources to develop, but if done well they can be attractive for your steam/app store page. The gameplay is the main thing I am interested in.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 16:28
Submitted to Apple for review and Google Play is ready to publish! I'll release them both at the same time, hopefully early next week
I hope y'all excited!

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 16:51
Nice! Hope validation with Apple goes smoothly
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline