Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Inventory System and Management

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings,

I'm developing sort of an RPG style adventure game and have a vague understanding of constructing containers and inventories within a C#/C++ object orientated environment but don't have a clue on how to create one using the T1 language.

Am I right in saying that an array of a struct would be the correct way to develop this so that I can store item data, add/remove entries like a list etc...
or is there a better way?

I'd use C++ but I'm unsure how to publish to iOS from Visual Studio and i'm pretty sure you need a Mac linked to your Visual Studio to publish to iOS? <- If you know could you please answer too

Thanks,

- Blake
Real programmers don't comment their code, because if it was hard to write it must be hard to read!

- PixHil Entertainment
Download Pixel Smasher on the App Store today!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2016 14:32
Mac T2 deployment must be done in xcode on a mac.
Divided
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks mate,

Any suggestion on the inventory system?
Real programmers don't comment their code, because if it was hard to write it must be hard to read!

- PixHil Entertainment
Download Pixel Smasher on the App Store today!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2016 18:06
Divided:
You still need a Mac to publish T1 apps to iOS.

You make an integer array that is your inventory, 2D if you need quantities. And you make a typed array which hold all the data for all your items. Then your inventory array can refer to indexes in your item array. The easiest way to populate your item array would be reading from an external file. Rather than writing it in code.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:32:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:32:07