Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Discussion on Monetizing Apps

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 21:30
Any app developers that would like to contribute there experience in monetizing their apps.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 01:49
I'm personally a big fan of not enforcing the monetization. Sure, I'll put in, say, in-app purchasing, but I like to let the player be able to just grind to afford everything in the game if they choose to do it. It'll take a lot of play, but if that's how they want to go, then that's how they can go.

I also like to make video ads optional, but give a reward for watching them. In my most recent game we had it so that they had to collect jigsaw puzzle pieces in the map (they were very easy to find) and at the end of a round they could choose to watch a video to get a currency reward relevant to the number of jigsaw pieces they found. In testing, people have responded well to it, and the video reward system ended up being quite popular as a kind of minigame inofitself.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 07:18
The consumable IAP has worked the best for us. Wordspionage uses an in-game currency and we've had some users spend upwards of $60. You do have to be careful though, we give our users plenty of opportunity to earn currency for free (winning games, playing 'bingo' words, daily free spin, playing 'mission' words, etc). So really, they don't have to buy, but many opt to. Would be awesome if AppGameKit supported rewarded video. We've wanted to have that in WS for a long time. But our other game with rewarded video doesn't earn much (single player abstract arcade game). Also we've found that rewarded video pays quite low ( < $0.04 per view) whereas an interstitial click leading to an install will pay from $1 to $15 on Chartboot. But the interstitial installs are pretty low. So my advice is a multi-pronged approach. Do what feels right and isn't annoying or impeding your players. Consumable IAP is the best money making design (see Crossy Roads).
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 19:21
Thanks for sharing your experience it will help your fellow developers like me get a better understanding of what to expect when
publishing their apps. Have either one of you used banner ads? I am not sure if you can in AGK.
Some reports that I have read stated that banner ads were successful and produced a decent revenue, of course depending
on the amount of users.
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
From my experience, what I have found is that I get 50 Euro a week @ 1000 full plays of my game, which has about 6 chartboost/admob ads. Its pretty handy and a little extra help, but if you dont update your game with fresh content every now and again, your income is going to plummet.
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2016 17:11
Quote: "From my experience, what I have found is that I get 50 Euro a week @ 1000 full plays of my game"

Thanks that gives us an estimate of what we can expect.
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot Notorious!
THE_NOTORIOUS_PIGGY
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, now imagine the massive companies with over one million downloads

And not even that, 50,000 downloads is very possible, and at this rate that's what, 2,500 euro?!? That is a very good monthly wage in many places. And that's without in-app purchases, based of ads alone! That's insane!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:28:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:28:49