Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Game modding/plugin API, is it possible? [TIER 1]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2016 05:28 Edited at: 30th Jul 2016 05:30
i would like to add some way of having user created content/mods/plugins in my game at some point, is this possible?
and also i was wondering if a compiled game can still read an agc file? (i assume it won't but you never know)

i'm not ready to implement something like this yet, but i would like to know if it's even possible so i don't waste my time when i get around to it.

i only really care about pc,linux and mac btw so don't worry about phones not being able to do it
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2016 06:01
It's not possible at the moment, although many people have asked the same question.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2016 02:24
How is it not possible? :/ I currently use modding for my projects, or am I missing something? I currently have certain functions that will load text files that pertain to building objects or effecting the game out right, including scripting, custom game characters, items/weapons, levels, etc... I created these systems so I could easily add new levels, characters, items and levels without having to recompile the game.

I'm probably missing something. I figured you had to make your game moddable, didn't know there are other ways.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2016 11:07
I assumed the question was about making DLLs/compiled plugins.
Maybe I misunderstood
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2016 19:43
Believe he was taking about the ability for end users to add or change content. And yes that can be done but it is up to you to build your game in such a way that it knows how to expose, load and handle user content and changes.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:34:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:34:23