Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK IDE stopped working

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2016 19:54
Hi,

Booted up my PC this evening and tried opening the AppGameKit IDE but got the message "AGK has stopped working".

I pressed debug and got the following error:

Unhandled exception at 0x004355A7 in AGK.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000018.

I uninstalled and reinstalled but I keep getting the same error. Has / is anyone else experienced the same? I'm on Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there has been an update which has borked AGK. All my other programs seem to be working though: Visual Studio, Chrome, Libre Office, Skype etc. So there doesn't seem to be a catastrophic OS problem.
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2016 20:32
OK, I found the problem.

Even though I reinstalled, the IDE was trying to open the last project. Sadly, the files for that project seem to be corrupted somehow. The file sizes look right, but they are empty. No major loss, I have source control.

Once I deleted the project, AppGameKit would open fine. So, note for AppGameKit devs: you might want to catch that kind of exception.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:28:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:28:20