Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Rip. Had good times

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Rip fpsc x9 I had some good times with this program and people. When I joined years years ago this was a popular and populated forum. I see everyone has moved on. Im still messing with x9 will be working on my game. I like guru but it's going to be a long time before its like x9 ever was.
Thanks to all for the help.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the universe which strives to produce bigger idiots. So far the Universe is winning.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2016 22:01
Hiya

We don't see as much activity on the X9 forum these days but there are still a few dedicated hard core left.

A lot of people have moved onto GameGuru but I still think FPSC is a valuable tool for people.
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2016 04:50
In my opinion x9 is still really cool - Black Ice made it even better. But the sad reality is that selling a game made with it is very difficult.
DEATH GOTH SNIPER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2016 15:45 Edited at: 12th Aug 2016 16:13
I love black ice wish this mod was out a long timeago it's what x9 needs. My friend let me use his copy of guru and it's cool for out doors but to me it's vary limited. That and it takes to much time to import x9 models in guru. That and I hate steam.

I have a game I have been working on will be released soon. I just need to make a program to protect my files. I like vishnu packer but I found a easy way to bypass it
sorry s4real I messaged you years ago with a video of how I did it and how to fix. Would love to have the source code to improve it.

Miss the good times when I was the first one to make the flashlight with hud and battery system and first to make the animated menu. I remember I was so excited for having my scripts the the guide.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the universe which strives to produce bigger idiots. So far the Universe is winning.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2016 17:23
Quote: " first one to make the flashlight with hud and battery system"

Was that you Death Goth Sniper ??? Wow, that was and still is great stuff I still use those scripts
and work off and make custom stuff for myself. In fact someone recently ask for a "flashlight & battery pickup"
script system that I helped with. Thanks for that..
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2016 17:45
Quote: "I have a game I have been working on will be released soon. I just need to make a program to protect my files. I like vishnu packer but I found a easy way to bypass it
sorry s4real I messaged you years ago with a video of how I did it and how to fix. Would love to have the source code to improve it."

We've included Vishnu Packer Extra v2.9 in Black Ice v9.1 which allows you to host all of your game data on a server which is a lot more secure. The website demo is packaged this way
http://www.blackicemod.org/demo.html
DEATH GOTH SNIPER
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup that was me. I still have the scripts with the dates still on them when they where last edited.

I will look into packer extra 2.9 thanks.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 14th Aug 2016 08:59
Tectonic "But the sad reality is that selling a game made with it is very difficult."

Its not hard if You got the skills. One rule is NO STOCK MEDIA AT ALL!!! Texture everything Yourself and make Your own models.
Sorry to say it, but this is the only way to make a product quality game... (You dont have to make all guns Yourself thanks to EAI)

DEATH GOTH SNIPER
Years of Service
User Offline
EAI and bond1 models where top of the line.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Aug 2016 19:12
Quote: "But the sad reality is that selling a game made with it is very difficult"

Not so much sad as just a reality, and one that applies to any engine. If it were easy, anyone could do it.... even me.
Good to see you around again DEATH GOTH SNIPER. I've used and customized your scripts as well. Thanks for them.
Quote: "Its not hard if You got the skills"

That will certainly help, but few people have the skills to finish a quality game, never mind the ways and means to sell it. Again, the same reality. Lucky for me I've always seen FPSC as a great little "personal" game maker and not a money maker. Because of Black Ice and some great people on this forum, FPSC is still fun and usable. It's still the best entertainment investment I've ever made.

Whatever you do, have fun, and turn out the light when you leave.

Brian.
If you could travel faster than the speed of light and you went to the moon, when you got there would you see yourself coming?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:29:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:29:30