Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Creator works, level test works, Game not

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yesterday i downloaded FPS Creator classic and everything works without a problem.
But if i build a game it will not start on my win10 PC. It works on a win7 pc but will not work on any win10 machine i tried it in.

Any idea why?
bossisly
Years of Service
User Offline
I will try to answer your question to the best of my abilities.

Windows 10 has many issues in regards to playing games. In spite of all the hype about the capabilities and how great Windows 10 is, In my opinion, Windows 10 is a disaster. Windows 10 is allegedly supposed to be able to work on multiple hardware devices, Desktop PC/Tower PC, Laptops, Tablets, Cell Phones. The various manufacturers of the aforementioned devices do various customization of the operating system in order to ensure that the device functions properly. A 1-type all operating system that is still in beta mode is going to have issues. Some immediately noticeable and others that will creep up later.

A large number of gamers with Windows 10 have made videos showing the issues they are experiencing. If you would like to see the videos on YouTube I recommend you use your Windows 7 system. Many have reported that YouTube videos cannot be viewed on Windows 10 using the Edge Browser. They say they can only hear the audio. When they tried using the Firefox browser, they were able to view and hear the video with less than desirable quality. Yes, many of them videoed the issue using their cell phone cameras and uploaded them to YouTube.

To help you find the videos on YouTube use the following search terms in the search field,

“Windows 10 gaming issues”

“Windows 10 YouTube issues”

“Windows 10 compatibility issues”

The game creators and Steam may have some serious issues with Windows 10 in the foreseeable future. The YouTube video that was published on Mar 7, 2016 “The Real Cost of Windows 10?” should concern every independent developer. The video is 00:12:35 long. The link below is to the YouTube page the video is on. I recommend watching the video in it’s entirety.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYpPUgvVT7Y

Most of the gamers I make video games for have custom-built their PCs and their base operating systems range from XP to Windows 7. They have no desire to progress past Windows 7. Before any pontificator who wants to make a reply about XP being a black hole for security, keep in mind that you can still get updates for XP. If you have any doubts go to YouTube and quarry “How to keep getting Windows XP updates from Microsoft”. And if Windows defender was half as good as Microsoft and the pontificators claimed millions of users around the world would not use the following: McAfee, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, COMODO, Zone Alarm and etc.

If you intend on making commercial games I strongly advise that you do not use Windows 10. In the 45 page end user licensing agreement for Windows 10 you agree to let Microsoft redistribute your intellectual property anywhere in the world without having to pay you royalties. If you have any doubts have your lawyer read the 45 page end user licensing agreement for Windows 10. Your lawyer may also have some other disturbing concerns about the 45 page licensing agreement.

I hope you enjoy making 3-D games as much as I do. If you would like some free assets (entities, segments and scripts) for FPS Creator classic, I placed two links below where you can get the assets that are made available by the artist that created them. The assets come with licensing for personal and/or commercial use.

FPSC Model Packs
http://starmind001.moonfruit.com/fpsc-model-packs/4558301803

FPS Files
http://fpsfiles.net

My best regards to you and everyone.
DEATH GOTH SNIPER
Years of Service
User Offline
Welcome. Yes as stated above windows 10 and fpsc don't get along. I seen a fix somewhere I will try an run across it again.

Don't let this little hiccup run you off.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the universe which strives to produce bigger idiots. So far the Universe is winning.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 14th Aug 2016 08:47
I run FPSC on windows 10 and I dont have any issues.. (Except for some hacker-pranks)
DEATH GOTH SNIPER
Years of Service
User Offline
Isn't there a directx .9 you need to download for win10? My game runs on my win10 laptop but just lags like crazy because it's a cheap Walmart
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the universe which strives to produce bigger idiots. So far the Universe is winning.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2016 20:44 Edited at: 14th Aug 2016 20:46
Yes, it is highly advisable to run DX9-c for FPSC to run properly. Even if you have
say DX10 or 11, dx9-c has a few needed missing files. Also, I have come across issues
sometimes... if the two needed .ddl files are not in the main directory or in your final build.
(msvcp71.dll & msvcr71.dll)
best

@xxstyxx
You say you just downloaded and installed, are you running just V1.0 or have you
upgraded to a newer version? 1.20 or BlackIce mod??? If not, you need to.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
xxstyxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Sry, for the late response.
I downloaded and installed everything i found, including the BlackIce Mod.

I tried to install DX9 but i gues i have to uninstall DX10 and install DX9 first.
But that would be a real pain if everyone who want to play a game made with FPSC classic had to do all that.
Would it be possible to copy the missing .dll files in the right folders with a installer?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2016 14:23
xxstyxx
Quote: " i gues i have to uninstall DX10 "

NO you do not have to do that. DX 9-c is included in the "tools" folder along with Black Ice mod. (dxwebsetup.exe)
Just run it and it will install any missing files
Also included in the "tools" folder are two .ddl files (msvcp71.dll & msvcr71.dll) just copy them into your main directory.
They are needed for the final builds. If you don't have them let me know and I'll post them.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:30:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:30:01