Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [AGK] Detect Network type ( 2G , 3G .4GLTE, Wi-Fi)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys , I've searched over the forum to try to find a way to detect what kind of "speed network" my user will use to connect to a server / multiplayer game.

I would like to have see a code that announces the user something like this : "You are using mobile data ( instead of WiFi ) and your speed is classified as 2G" or 3G etc. Now the 5G is coming soon.

I would like also like if possible to test his WiFi connection to see if he tries to by-pass my block. Example I would like only users with WiFi to be able to connect to the server. The user can have 2 phones ( host create hotstop with a low 2G connection ) and from the other one to connect to the created network ( technically his phone is seeing the 2G connection as an WiFi right ? )

So it's possible to measure the Download speed and Up Speed on his "WiFi"?

Sorry if I created a stressful post
Thank ,
Alex

Alex Goaga
Years of Service
User Offline
nobody?
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 26th Aug 2016 18:32
You can do it in Tier 2 C++.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2016 10:22
Found a code snippet. Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any way to get this information in Tier 1.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9283765/how-to-determine-if-network-type-is-2g-3g-or-4g

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 02:07
Nope, that isn't doable in Tier 1.
Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:27:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:27:11