Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Everything about porting to iOS

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I wanted to port my Ball Swing app over to iOS. However it is really expensive. I want to ask if any apple computer is good enough to compile my agk game on it and submit to the apple store? I was thinking of getting a used mac mini (2010 - or onwards) for no more than 350 euro. If any of you have other cheaper alternatives, please tell me here, that is the rock-bottom cheapest i could find (here in Ireland). On top of that the 100 euro yearly license. Is there anything else I will need? If the app works on all android phones and tablets, will it be okay to submit to the apple store? Or do I need to take out a second mortgage to get Apple Devices to test it on? Aswell as code, I'm assuming it will work just fine. Will I need to get a new ID from admob and chartboost for iOS? or will I be able to use the same ID?

Thanks
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2016 23:29
Although I eventually took the plunge and bought a Macbook Pro, you don't actually need to buy a Mac! You can do it all on PC and then use a service like this to upload to the Apple store.

http://www.macincloud.com
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2016 00:05
@Midget Blaster
I would recommend something with at least an i5 and 8GB RAM, and a decent amount of storage space--you may want to actually use this besides AGK. 8GB is hard to max out, AGK/XCode, PhotoShop, and Chrome running all at once. You may be able to get away with $1200 USD for these specs. Look into the 2015 models or later.

@SpecTre
Wow, it would have been nice to know about this sooner...
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2016 00:17
Tell me about it! I just shelled out $800 for a mac to do iOS builds... While not doing that it's a very expensive paperweight...
Midget Blaster
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone else ever used http://www.macincloud.com? Thank you @SpecTre!

@mrradd I would not be using a mac for anything else, because I already have a really good pc

Can I still acess Apple Developer console on my windows pc?
RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry. I have no idea what you mean by "Apple Developer Console"
Midget Blaster
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@RobbSnow a developer console is where you access all the information about your app such as screenshots, files for updating and download information
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 14:39
Quote: "Has anyone else ever used http://www.macincloud.com? "

Yes, I use this exclusively for my iOS development. You only really need to go into the Mac for the submission process. Creating the app on the Apple Developer Console, and adding all the meta data, screenshots, etc can all be done from your Windows machine.

I opted for the Pay as you go service ($30 for 30 hours - at least that's what it used to be) as this will last a very long time. You'll first need to create all your certificates, but then from there I only log into the Mac for a maximum of 10 minutes per submission. All that's required is to recompile your app in AppGameKit on the Mac, and then submit your build via the Application Loader.
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 17:09
Quote: ". 8GB is hard to max out"

8 years ago maybe it was hard. I have 16 and max it out often. With apple, it's always way cheaper to get a model with low memory and upgrade it yourself. They charge like $200 for an 8gb upgrade when you can do it yourself for $20.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:31:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:31:39