Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Humble Bundle version out of date

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone

I was one of those who purchased AppGameKit 2 via the Humble Bundle promotional offer. I have been using it since then and have gradually worked my way through several tutorials - including Alistair Stewart's - and have been very pleased and impressed with the software. I have several projects which are now ready to test on various platforms, such as PC and Android. However, using AppGameKit Player 2 on Android to test my progress has proven problematic of late. The player doesn't play the bytecode (it did before); instead it displays a message that the bytecode was compiled with an old compiler. That seems logical, as the current version of AppGameKit 2 is 2.0.20, while the version available in my Humble Bundle account is 2.0.16. Is that because TGC doesn't supply updates to their customers who purchased AppGameKit 2 through Humble Bundle? If TGC do support their customers from Humble Bundle, is there anyway I can update my version to the current one? As it stands at the moment, it has now become of somewhat limited use in respect of my endeavours with the software.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2016 10:56
I've forwarded your question to the TGC team.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2016 13:45
Hi,

We recently sent them the latest version so it should be updated by now. Please let me know if it's still set to the old one.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
vitp4145
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there.

Thank you for your quick response. I have checked on Humble Bundle and they are now hosting version 2.0.20.

All assisstance is very much appreciated.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Note that 2.0.20 has some critical bugs and issues not found in early builds (things like GetImage() commands not working and iOS publishing failure) so if those items affect you then you'll want to wait for the next update. I've been waiting patiently almost two months now for a patch to fix these problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:16:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:16:22