Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Edit Box Touch events & text alpha

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 09:07
I've been working on a GUI system & editor recently and have come across some limitations with editboxes.

In my editor you can drag around elements with the mouse to position them, but EditBoxes don't trigger any mouse pointer events so I can't detect touches. Obviously this is because the mouse pointer enables the focus on box, but is there a way around this?

Also, it would be great if we could set the alpha for the text in the text box so that my tween fades worked with the edit boxes. Right now there is now way to fade off the text with the rest of the GUI elements.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 09:45 Edited at: 25th Aug 2016 09:46
i believe you get only a GetEditBoxChanged trigger if got and lost focus.
about alpha text, may change the font image for it with transparent font. SetEditBoxFontImage + SetEditBoxExtendedFontImage
AGK (Steam) V2.0.20 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.3.2) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:30:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:30:10