Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Can we get a BugFix release

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 13:18
Can we get a bugfix release soon please? I can't publish any updates because of the bugs that were introduced in 2.0.20 and I can't wait much longer
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
I am still waiting on the LibPNG issue to be addressed, perhaps the only clue as to when we may see a new release is this:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/217336#msg2584691
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 16:52
V2.0.20 fixed the LibPng issue (see changes here), but introduced other bugs to features that my apps rely on (namely GetImage), so I'm stuck.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 17:22
This is the dilemma with AppGameKit since development slowed down.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " V2.0.20 fixed the LibPng issue (see changes here), but introduced other bugs to features that my apps rely on (namely GetImage), so I'm stuck."

This is exactly where I've been stuck at in one of my WIPs for the very same reasons as you--since June when the last update was released. My game depends heavily on GetImage() for HUD generation and such so is completely broken with 2.0.20 (as I recall it also broke the ability to publish to iOS without some modification). Yet, I also depend on other features and fixes introduced in v2.20.0 to complete its development and resolve the libPNG vulnerability.

We know that Paul fixed the GetImage() command already on July 2, over two months ago. I've not touched AppGameKit since finding out about the GetImage() error of v2.0.20 but was hopeful we would get a quick bug fix update. It was originally claimed by TGC that updates would be fast and frequent, at least through the Steam distribution which makes it easy for developers to push out patches and updates. Clearly that has not been the case.
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
@CJB Many thanks for the update, I had not spotted that in the release notes! Sadly though, it doesn't make any difference to updating my apps because all rely heavily on the GetImage() command.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 19:05
I think it will be released soon as some Eduguru apps need the fix too for them to work with the GetImage
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:25:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:25:24