Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / AD box at bottom of DB Pro Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 15:49
Now that DB Pro is open source, is there some patch that can be downloaded/installed so that the ad box at the bottom of the editor is no longer there ? The web page it is looking for dose not exist anyway. All it does now is obscure the Output window with its 'page can not be displayed' message. Undocking it allows me to see the Output but I would like to have it docked at the bottom the way it was when I was using a paid version. .... is this possible ?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2016 16:50 Edited at: 18th Sep 2016 16:55
You could try codesurge, which is a better IDE I think anyway.

Also, if you login to the main site and go to 'product keys', there's a link to download the DB activator which I think will remove the ads. Which after looking at it, you just download a new binary and overwrite the old files.
https://github.com/LeeBamberTGC/Dark-Basic-Pro/releases

Nope, I was wrong. Just tried it and all the updated binaries seem to have done was change my editor's colors to some ugly off-yellow background. Oh, and apparently it broke syntax highlighting as nothing highlights for me now and can't find the compiler anymore. You'll have to go into the settings and fix the path to the compiler. Not that it lets me actually compile anything now. Instead, compile now opens a blank dba page then gives me an error about Matrix1Util...

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2016 17:36
Lol, what you have done there Phaelax is replace the original version of DBP with the newer version - the new version is a faster compiler which breaks access to a boat load of plugins(not just M1Utils) and is updated to U7.0 or 7.1 I forget which, but installing the newer upgrades beyond this will change it from the newer version back to the original as it overwrites the compiler.exe. You are going to have to install it again, or you might get away with upgrading to a higher upgrade, thing is though the online activator is no longer available so you will have to either replace the certificates folder with a backup of your own or hopefully just use the certificates folder from the new version if you did not keep a backup - that is if upgrading it didn't work(but I think it should as it definitely overwrites the compiler exe with the upgrade I tested which was u7.7). With the newer version you have to fix the compiler path no matter what. I have said it a few times now, the advice for the activator link is completely misleading, they provide less than zero clarity in this regard and should change it!

Another alternative IDE is Indigo found in either the WIP board or the Program Announcements board I forget which. Again as you're(-magic-) using the newer open source version of DBP you will have to guide it through tools>options to the compiler path once again, this said Indigo IDE will stop working on Dec 31st so you will have to check the authors website after that date to see if a new version is provided as has been the case at the end of each year. I sent the author(Balid) a PM early this year when I realised what had happened and he wrote back promptly informing he had already updated his site so chances are we won't have to remind him of our position. Imho Indigo is by far the better IDE and it is worth noting for anyone still intending using the Newton physics plugin that which IDE you use has a bearing on how well the plugin works.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2016 21:11
I find CodeSurge works well enough for me. And you're right, the activator info is VERY misleading. Last time I reinstalled I just used the free version because it was easier to download than find my CD. My version on CD shouldn't have any ads in it.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2016 05:02
I use Synergy and it's much better than the original IDE.

It does have some issues. The "Code View" window that lets me see a list of all functions in the program and lets me use the list as a navigation tool flakes out from time to time.

Also it is important in any IDE to set it to replace TAB spaces with regular spaces. If you do not then you will end up with ridiculous inconsistent indentations.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 03:52
I've dropped the IDEs all together, now I code in sublime text 3 and call the compiler directly

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 02:45
Does Sublime display compiler feedback like errors?

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 18:31 Edited at: 26th Sep 2016 18:38
The compiler will throw its errors as Windows alert popups.

I can post the dbpro language file and color theme I use later if you are interested.

I did not add the whole command set for syntax highlighting, mostly just control and define type commands to land mark the program flow as I like the simpler visuals, but the full command set could certainly be added.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:01:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:01:22