Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.21

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 12:07 Edited at: 9th Sep 2016 01:24
I've uploaded new version to the TGC download area and to Steam with the following changes.

The main new features are Amazon IAP, the ability to play a video to an image, and the ability to display the device camera to an image. See the included sample project "Projects/Other/DeviceCameraToImage" for details on how to use the device camera(s). The new video and camera commands currently only work on Windows, iOS, and Android 4.0.3 or above. An app using these new commands will run on Android 2.3.3 but the commands will not function.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Edit: Known issues
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 12:32 Edited at: 7th Sep 2016 12:44
Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH Paul !!! The BEST UPDATE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Almost everything I was needed from the game engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 12:39
Did the HTML5 image issue get fixed?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 12:42
Quote: "Did the HTML5 image issue get fixed?"

I can't remember off the top of my head. What was the issue?
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 12:47
Nice, I especially like the camera to image function - that is very useful for a work project I have underway.
The code is dark and full of errors
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 12:50
Quote: "I can't remember off the top of my head. What was the issue?"

It was an issue with transparency. I made a test case for you and emailed it about 8 weeks ago. I've just emailed you it again. Thanks.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 13:12
Quote: "I made a test case for you and emailed it about 8 weeks ago. I've just emailed you it again."

I haven't received anything, and it looks like I didn't receive your original email either. Can you create a forum post about it?
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 13:24
OMG
PlayVideoToImage

cant wait to test it !
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 13:28
big thanks for the amazon IAP functionality
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 13:38
Quote: "I haven't received anything, and it looks like I didn't receive your original email either. Can you create a forum post about it?"

That's weird, I'm sending the emails to the same address as usual. I've made a forum post.

Could you please also take a look at updating the facebook login so that we can get access to a users email address. See this post.. https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/217875
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 14:57
Will download tonight. Some cool new features and desperately needed bug fixes here Paul! Opens up lots of new possibilities. Great stuff! Thanks.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
B1nar10
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! But I had a little problem when trying to use AppGameKit 2 Player on both OS , Android and iOS .

The same message appears ; "Error on line 25. ", but in code dont have line 25.

My code:
----------------------
14 : Global telaHe as Integer
15 : Global telaWi as Integer
16: GetDeviceBaseName if ( ) = ' windows '
17: 960 = telaHe
18: Telawi = 640
19:
20 : else
21: telaHe = GetDeviceHeight ()
22: telaWi = GetDeviceWidth ()
23: endif
24:
25:
26: SetWindowSize ( GetMaxDeviceWidth ( ) GetMaxDeviceHeight ( ) , 0)
27: SetVirtualResolution ( telaWi , telaHe )
28: SetOrientationAllowed ( 1,0,0,0 )
------------------------
I restored the previous version ( steam rollback ) and now is working again.

What should I do to use this new version , upgrade to AppGameKit 2 Player?

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 19:08
Quote: "16: GetDeviceBaseName if ( ) = ' windows '"
&
Quote: "17: 960 = telaHe"
looks a bit wonky to me.

Of course, if you use the latest version of AppGameKit, then it should go without saying that you'll also need to install the latest version of AppGameKit Player on your devices if you want to broadcast latest code. The player(s) can be found in your AppGameKit installation folder under "Players".

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
B1nar10
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi CJB, thx.

Yep, wrong code past, sorry.

This working properly with the previous version , but I will update my AppGameKit 2 Player to try to use the new AppGameKit version again.

----------- Code Past Again ---------
global telaHe as Integer
global telaWi as Integer
if GetDeviceBaseName()='windows'
telaHe = 960
telaWi = 640
else
telaHe = GetDeviceHeight()
telaWi = GetDeviceWidth()
endif

B1nar10
Years of Service
User Offline
Solved ! AppGameKit 2 Player updated and works fine with AppGameKit Engine 2.0.21.
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 09:18 Edited at: 8th Sep 2016 09:39
@paul thanks SetImmersiveMode and SetDeviceCameraToImage is very useful for me

please
can you support a cam focus mode for android once/continuous? (need for barcode scan)
stop and restart the cam with a timer to get a new focus is different and looks the video interrupts, also it have a small black screen time.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.20 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.3.2) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 11:28
Really well done on this update! Really nice features and fixes!

One thing I've noticed is that globally dimmed arrays are only recognized project-wide if they've been declared inside of the main.agc file. If you globally dim them inside any other of your project files they won't get recognized. Globally declared variables work just fine, though. It's just arrays that don't cross boundaries.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 12:44
You sure about that CumQuat?

worked for me in a source file outside of main.agc. Though you might want to use

and control array size with testarray.length = x instead.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 13:45
Quote: " globally dimmed arrays are only recognized project-wide if they've been declared inside of the main.agc file"

I've never experienced this problem either.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 13:51
Quote: "- Added SetMusicSystemVolumeOGG to control global volume for OGG music files"

Sweet, now I can fully move over to OGG and use my existing music code

Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 15:02
One small problem Paul - the Amazon Appstore is reporting .apks built with 2.21 as being incompatible with the Amazon FireTV as they are not touchscreen devices:
https://developer.amazon.com/public/support/submitting-your-app/tech-docs/troubleshooting-android-manifest-and-device-targeting

I've tried hacking that line into various AndroidManifest.xml files found in AGK_V2_21\Tier 2\apps\ but nothing works so far. Can we have an export flag for non touch devices?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 15:18 Edited at: 8th Sep 2016 15:23
Try adding it to the AndroidManifest.xml file in "Tier 1\Editor\data\android\sourceAmazon", near the very top. It is purposefully missing the very beginning of the file as this is generated by the export process.

Edit: Can you let me know if this works and gets approved by Amazon? If so I'll make it an option in the Amazon exporter
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 15:41
I used similar code with the global dims. It recognised the declaration of the array, but the length of the array was always zero when it was checked from inside another source file.

So, for example, if I had two source files, main.agc and extracode.agc, if I used the following code inside of extracode.agc:

Then, inside of main.agc, use this code:

It always sends back a zero.

But if I take the type and dim code out of extracode.agc and put it into main.agc it works like a charm and returns a 10
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 15:53
CumQuaT:
Make sure you have a blank line at the end of each file. Also try not using the global keyword. All arrays are always global and doesn't have to be declared as such.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 16:03 Edited at: 8th Sep 2016 16:04
Quote: "Edit: Can you let me know if this works and gets approved by Amazon? If so I'll make it an option in the Amazon exporter"

Yes that worked, Amazon is now reporting it as supported across all three FireTV skus.

BTW does the existing joystick support account for wireless controllers? Its not a huge problem because my game uses a smartphone gamepad app and the FireTV controller ; it looks like they have Gamepad support checking built into the approval process but not automated.

https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-tv/docs/supporting-controllers-on-amazon-fire-tv
https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-tv/docs/amazon-fire-game-controller-input
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 16:49
Quote: "I used similar code with the global dims. It recognised the declaration of the array, but the length of the array was always zero when it was checked from inside another source file."

In keeping with the old compiler dim arrays are only assigned a size when they are reached in the code path, this is because dim arrays can be declared multiple times in different places with different sizes as a method of resizing the array. This means the compiler can't know in advance what the default size of the array should be before it is reached in code. #include appends the file to the end of the main.agc file, so the declaration of MyArray occurs after the do loop, and would never be executed, hence the array will never be resized to length 10.

This is the reason for the new method of declaring arrays, using "MyArray as MyTest[10]" can only appear once so the compiler will use this as the default value even if it is never reached by the code. Then all subsequent size changes use the MyArray.length parameter.

Quote: "BTW does the existing joystick support account for wireless controllers?"

In theory the wireless part is handled by the OS and all controllers set the same internal values whether they are wireless or wired, but I've not tested it.
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 18:11
Is this working on the latest version of Ubuntu? 16.04
I installed AGK2 and loaded in my project. It compiles fine, but doesn't seem to be able to run the executable from the IDE. I followed the guide; tried installing opengl1 etc through the terminal but the packages cannot be found. I think they're only for older versions of Ubuntu. Any chance on an updated guide to get this running with Linux? Cheers!
www.skywaygame.com
www.facebook.com/skywaythegame
Dud
Years of Service
User Offline
SetImmersiveMode on Android! Woooohoooo!
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 01:51
Well there you go. Learn something new every day. Thanks guys!
Midget Blaster
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone please tell me what amazon iAP has been added? Is it Amazon underground or just an ad plain update? Thanks
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 09:56
Paul,

Uhh so about the Android touch movement not registering... It still doesn't work on my phone using the latest agk player from Google Play and the steam version of agk. Maybe I have to manually install the apk? Otherwise I'm not sure what to do here haha, maybe the issue is something other than the Android app hover/move events :/
I really hope this is something I'm doing wrong I don't wanna have to wait for the next release to test games on my phone

Cheers,
EB

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
When trying to do a Google build without signing an error: "Failed to sign APK, is your keystore password and alias correct? (error: jarsigner: unable to sign jar: java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: classes.dex"
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2016 10:48
Two commands I am missing right now is:

MaximizeWindow() - Maximizes the window. Perfect for editors or running a game without blocking the Windows' taskbar. Making it multitask friendly. Currently the user has to manually maximize the window every time the program is run.

CenterWindow() - Centers the current window on the screen, vertically and horizontally (also accounting for Windows' taskbar). Currently when you change the window size it stays were it was, forcing the user to move it manually.
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 02:01
I have a problem. Getting "Package tool returned error code 1"
All I did was install 2.0.21, going back to previous version until confirmed that this is fixed.

Thanks,
James
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 02:50
Actually, I was running v2.0.19 which I see is not longer downloadable.
Need a solution
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 09:30
Quote: "Actually, I was running v2.0.19 "

So install v2.0.121?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 17:05
Quote: "Need a solution"

If you installed 2.0.21 over the top of your old version, that could be the problem. Try installing it to a new folder, or delete the old version first. There's a thread on this here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/217787
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2016 17:06
Well done for this update.

I've been away for a while, and this is a huge surprise!

*Dusts off Keyboard*
Shadow Props Digital
kozma_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 21:05
Hi,

I'm having an issue with V2.0.21. I'm trying to create an Amazon APK but I'm getting the error message "Package Tool Returned Error Code 256". I've trying removing and redownloading but to no avail. I'm on a Mac running OS El Capitan.

Any help would be appreciated, had no problem creating a Google APK and iOS IPA. Had no problem creating it in older version (think it was 2.0.19 but I've since deleted) and I haven't changed the code.

Cheers,
John
El Presidente
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 03:05
Thanks a lot. Just installed it and everything seems to work great!
Regards Sph!nx
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 06:38 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2016 06:39
Quote: "Two commands I am missing right now is:

MaximizeWindow() - Maximizes the window. Perfect for editors or running a game without blocking the Windows' taskbar. Making it multitask friendly. Currently the user has to manually maximize the window every time the program is run.

CenterWindow() - Centers the current window on the screen, vertically and horizontally (also accounting for Windows' taskbar). Currently when you change the window size it stays were it was, forcing the user to move it manually."

+1 to this, also could you possibly add directory support to RunApp() for the next release?
I love my Altair 8800 Replica.

http://altairclone.com/
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2016 00:10
Paul,
Just wondering if you saw my previous post? I really need this fixed haha, not to mention that agk is unlikely to function correctly on any Moto g 2nd gen
I tried to both with the agk player on Google Play and with apk export and neither of is fixed properly

Cheers,
EB

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
I've got nothing useful to say, but

Great job Paul.
AreCustomize
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 10:04
Paul,

I have the same problem as JohnnyMeek.
HTML5 Sprite image transparency problem still exists. When you haven't set SetSpriteTransparency to 1 the sprite appear with white background.
If you could fix that bug I would be very happy

Thanks,
AreCustomize
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2016 15:53
Quote: "Uhh so about the Android touch movement not registering... It still doesn't work on my phone using the latest agk player from Google Play and the steam version of agk."

Can you try the attached version and see if it works?

Quote: "Package Tool Returned Error Code 256"

I don't know what could cause that, I've attached a new version of the IDE executable that will hopefully produce a better error message, place it in "Tier 1\Editor\bin" and then use it as normal.

Quote: "HTML5 Sprite image transparency problem still exists. When you haven't set SetSpriteTransparency to 1 the sprite appear with white background."

Fixed for the next version

Attachments

Login to view attachments
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 08:32
Quote: "Can you try the attached version and see if it works?
"

Still no luck

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 12:22
Quote: "Still no luck"

If you use GetRawMouseX/Y does it return the correct X and Y coordinates? It may be that your touch device is declaring itself as a mouse.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 16:01 Edited at: 29th Sep 2016 17:23
PlayVideo() doesn't work in full screen mode. Tested on "VideoPlayback" example with tier1.
PlayVideoToImage doesn't work with .WMV file format on Windows (video.wmv from AppGameKit example) but it works with .MP4 (but only from AppGameKit example. Not my own videos...)...

Hi Paul, can you please tell me, is this possible to put H264(or another) codec inside the AppGameKit like you did with JPEG or OGG, to make videos totally independent of platform?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 21:26
Quote: "is this possible to put H264(or another) codec inside the AppGameKit like you did with JPEG or OGG, to make videos totally independent of platform?"

I wish I could, but unfortunately H.264 comes with license and patent issues which may also affect our users. We have to rely on the device decoders, which on mobile devices seems to be pretty good, but on Windows not so much.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:46:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:46:37