Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.21

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 1st Oct 2016 04:06
Quote: "If you use GetRawMouseX/Y does it return the correct X and Y coordinates? It may be that your touch device is declaring itself as a mouse."

Nup still doesn't work :/

The following code works completely as expected, except the X/Y position simply do not change. They will be set to the initial X/Y position of the touch. It still correctly determines the count of touch events, the type and the time.

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2016 04:10 Edited at: 1st Oct 2016 04:15
Edit: Double Post

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2016 15:49
Quote: "The following code works completely as expected, except the X/Y position simply do not change. "

Ok, I need to see how your device is reporting touch events. I've attached a new version of the AppGameKit Player for Android, please can you install it on the device having problems, run it, drag briefly across the screen then close it, no need to broadcast anything to it. It will write a log file to the sdcard folder which you should be able to find using a file browser app like fx file explorer, the file will be called input_log.txt. Can you send that file to me or upload it here?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2016 16:27 Edited at: 4th Oct 2016 16:27
Hi Paul, any chance we can get functionality for Spine mesh deformation? It's been available for about 2 years now and massively improves what we can do with characters in Spine!

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2016 05:40
I have a rather minor request for a feature change on the next version...

I love neatening my code using foldstart and foldend, collapsing stacks and making it much easier to navigate while I'm working on an app. However, every time I close AppGameKit and open the project again, all of my collapsed folds are open again. I'd love you guys to death if you could make it retain which areas have been folded and which have been unfolded!
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2016 13:26
The AppGameKit website says that it works on Linux, but the guide is out-dated and doesn't get the programs running.

Can you update the Linux guide so that I can run the compiled programs? The guide currently tells to install outdated libraries.

Cheers
www.skywaygame.com
www.facebook.com/skywaythegame
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 00:11 Edited at: 7th Oct 2016 00:13
Here's the output:

That was dragging a single finger across the screen in 2 instances, as well as pressing the exit button at the top right. I hope that makes more sense to you than me cause it seems to me that it should be working from that output. Its clearly getting the x/y position properly

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 02:15
Quote: "Here's the output"

Perfect, thanks. Your device is reporting touch events as both touch and stylus events, whilst AppGameKit was only checking for pure touch events. I'll change it for the next version to account for this. Try the attached version and see if that works.

Quote: "any chance we can get functionality for Spine mesh deformation?"

Unlikely, it would require rewriting the sprite sub system, as currently sprites are limited to 4 vertices.

Quote: "every time I close AppGameKit and open the project again, all of my collapsed folds are open again"

I'll make a note of it.

Quote: "Can you update the Linux guide so that I can run the compiled programs? The guide currently tells to install outdated libraries."

Do you mean this guide, I'll remove the references to libavcodec54 and libavformat54 for the next version.

Attachments

CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 04:50
You're a champ, Paul
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 11:12
Quote: "Quote: "any chance we can get functionality for Spine mesh deformation?"

Unlikely, it would require rewriting the sprite sub system, as currently sprites are limited to 4 vertices."

Ah poop... that's a real shame. It's one of the most attractive things about Spine.
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2016 07:03
Works perfect Paul thanks for putting in the extra time to sort this out

adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2016 18:05 Edited at: 16th Oct 2016 22:48
@CumQuat: In this post, are you using #include for extracode.agc?
Try using #insert instead.

#include runs the file code at the end of everything, #insert runs it right where it's called.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to get a program written with 2.0.21 to run on Ubuntu 14.04 x32, but I keep getting errors.

I get the error with this test code:

When I run from the terminal, I get these errors:
Bytecode error, String table is corrupt
AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed

Ubuntu 16.10 x32 lacks libpng12 apt-get doesn't find it.

EDIT: OK, it looks like the bytecode somehow compiled incorrectly.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2016 12:09
@adambiser - Yes, I was using #include

That's really good to know! Thanks for that!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 17:12
Quote: "I'm trying to get a program written with 2.0.21 to run on Ubuntu 14.04 x32, but I keep getting errors."

Can you try the attached version and see if it changes anything. It is just a clean rebuild of the 32bit interpreter.

Attachments

adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 17:41
Quote: "Can you try the attached version and see if it changes anything. It is just a clean rebuild of the 32bit interpreter."

I haven't tried the attached version yet, but wanted to let you know that it was somehow resolved.

I run Ubuntu 14.04 in VirtualBox. I develop on Windows 7 x64 with Tier 1. Somehow my bytecode file was messed up when I copied it over. The programs started working yesterday. I suspect now that the VM was messing the file up and not AGK.
I did still get the "AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed" error upon closing the game when running it from terminal.

Again, this is with the player that comes with 2.0.21. I'll test the attached one soon.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2016 14:42
Quote: "AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed"

That means the player wasn't cleaning up properly on exit. I'll see if I can improve that.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2016 14:31
@Paul: The attached LinuxPlayer32 runs fine, too. I think it was just some weird stuff going on with my VM.

Some more information about the ReleaseALC error in case it helps: It only comes when the program closes itself. ie: If you press a key to close the sample program whose code I posted 5 posts up, If I click the X to close the window, the message doesn't appear.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 09:29 Edited at: 21st Oct 2016 09:39
for any reason this crash the app after compile and run at win 10 pc.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.21 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.6) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 11:49
Markus, that is a "Divide by zero" error.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 10:54 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2016 10:58
Who needs H264 anyway. Build in Theora, then we can get 100% playback support on all devices - could even encode video too! I've wanted to build a stop-motion animation app for a while, but never started it because we don't have a way to encode video (yet).
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 10:57 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2016 10:58
Edit (double post)
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 06:24 Edited at: 7th Nov 2016 00:28
CreateSoundFromMemblock seems to have a bug. AppGameKit 2.0.21, Tier 1, Windows 7 x64.

This code works:

but change

to

and an error pops up that points to the CreateSoundFromMemblock line:
"Error: Could not get sound file - ID must be between 1 and 299 in..."
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2016 23:59
Hi boys, its much time i don't write here, but i want to notify to Paul that on the Mac (Sierra) if you try to overlap NSObjects like TextField, NSViews or anything else, they will not show over the GL View.
I suppose they are shown under, but i'm not sure of this.

A big hello to all!!!
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2016 22:24 Edited at: 16th Nov 2016 22:27
Has anyone had any success with the networking commands across the internet?

I've tried almost everything, with no luck. Here's my code..

www.skywaygame.com
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2016 08:53
Is port 1125 open on both machines?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
frittblas
Years of Service
User Offline
hi Paul great work as always! I think i asked this before but didn't get an answer:

How do you compile tier2 projects to HTML5? I have no clue where to start, but it must work somehow i feel.

Just give me something, where do i start, just some small tips would be much appreciated!

Are there any plans of releasing a template? Or a guide?

Thanks

/Hans
f
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2016 17:47
@BatVink: As it turns out, the port was not open. It appeared to be open but after talking to my ISP they had to downgrade the firmware on my router to allow for port forwarding. I recently switched to Virgin Media.
www.skywaygame.com
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2016 14:32
@Paul Johnston:
Hi, Just thought I'd best make a post here incase you missed my post in the main board... >Link<

Basically, there is a bug in AppGameKit v2.0.21 where it throws up an error if you try and compile an apk for amazon in Portrait mode (from the apk type drop down). I'm looking to release two of my most popular apps on amazon and really need this to be fixed.

Thanks in advance.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2016 13:09 Edited at: 27th Nov 2016 13:11
@Paul Johnson: Any possibility to extend the Random function to work with negative numbers and numbers greater than 65335?

Edit: Ok, found Random2
-----------------------------------------------------------
Using AGK2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:24:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:24:47