Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Device Physical Size

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on something that involves measuring the accuracy of clicks. IF I use the same virtual dimensions for all dimensions, the 10" tablet owners will have a very distinct advantage over the 4.5" mobile users.

Is there any data in AppGameKit (2) I can use to assess the physical size of the users' device?

I can get the base name and type, but this needs to be accompanied by a very large database of all device brands and sizes available.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 15:19
I don't think it will help you much, but the "business" version of WURFL.js includes device physical screen width and height capabilities. It works by comparing the User-Agent from the device web browser against a database of over 45000 devices so is as good as you're going to get in terms of accuracy, but I can't think of an easy way to access that via AppGameKit You could launch a browser from within your app, and point it to a dedicated page and include a unique reference in the args (deviceid would work). The page needs to be built to capture the WURFL.js results and store them in a database with the deviceID as key. Your app then needs to grab that data via an http request to a custom php script on your server. It may be possible, but it's certainly not going to be very elegant, and will cost you $150 per month for the business WURFL.js, plus running costs of your own server etc.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 13:49 Edited at: 8th Sep 2016 14:26
Maybe I don't understand your question, but can't you just use GetDeviceWidth() and GetDeviceHeight() ?

EDIT: sorry,after thinking about it I now understand the question. Ideally what you want is the screen pixel density which you can then use with the above commands to work out how big the screen is.

I'm wondering if screen pixel density would be a value that could easily be exposed by Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:12:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:12:15