Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Random Illegal Instruction error - please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I keep receiving the error "Reached illegal instruction ... at line X" and I go to the line and it's a simple code 'thisMenuSelected = 0'. I only receive this error when broadcasting to an android device. The full function is:

This function has been working for a while and now it's not. :/
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2016 07:26
What AppGameKit version are you using? I was getting the same error, and it was because my Android device auto updated the AppGameKit Player to the 2.0.21 release, but I was still broadcasting from Version 2.0.20... When I reinstalled the AppGameKit Player for 2.0.20, all was OK again...

Normally it doesn't allow you to broadcast across different versions but it looks like that check has been missed in the most recent release.
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't get the error in the latest version, however I'm trying to build the project and now I'm getting another error about signing the APK even though I'm opting not to sign it.

"Failed to sign APK, is your keystore password and alias correct? (error: jarsigner: unable to sign jar: java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: classes.dex"

followed by a repeated error when I try to export again:

"Package tool returned error code: 1"

I'm downloading android studio to generate a keystore and try that...
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it! I had to completely uninstall AppGameKit and re-install it fresh. I was trying to go back a couple versions to see if that worked and it was the same issue. No more help needed here at the moment. I wish that there was a bigger help presence out there for AGK. Google can be very useless at times.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:22:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:22:24