Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 18:14 Edited at: 12th Sep 2016 18:21
Some of you may remember a while back, I went through a phase of creating several 'Block' style games. Well... this is another one of those

This is actually a spinoff of our very first game we created with AppGameKit some 4 years ago. The main reason for this is primarily because we wanted to test out the Game Center commands (which are excellent by the way), but also because this game fits nicely in our 'Block' theme, and to be completely honest, I actually really enjoy playing this one... Very challenging, but also very addictive...

Game Center is really easy to implement I recommend it for sure, it really lifts the game. We have included a leaderboard and many achievements. Anyway, feel free to have a play and let me know what you think.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funichproductions.blockshot

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 20:10
Downloading, hope it is easier than the last one!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 20:17
Quote: "hope it is easier than the last one!"

Err, about that lol
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 22:50
Hey there Funnell7, good to see you releasing a new game you know how much I like the block games!

I will download this as soon as my phone charges up to play tomorrow! Guess I won't be getting much work done
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 23:06
Downloaded. Played. I'm hopeless at it! Best score 13! Great little game though

Good work!

2 minor things: My phone got horribly hot playing this, which is odd considering how basic the graphics are. 2: I could not exit - the back button does nothing (which is sadly becoming the norm lately). Still a cool little game! I'd love to see a "Post mortem" on this - how much can a game like this make?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2016 00:37
Quote: "Some of you may remember a while back, I went through a phase of creating several 'Block' style games. Well... this is another one of those "

Cool, I really enjoyed the others.
I'll have to download it later, but I definitely will give this a try and give you some feedback.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2016 10:03
Thanks all, I really appreciate you downloading and giving it a try

Quote: " My phone got horribly hot playing this,"

That's interesting, and kinda worrying lol... Not really sure what to do about that one, I've not experienced it myself, but I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else experiences the same thing. Thanks.

Quote: "I could not exit"

Unfortunately that is now the norm, and something which Google actually advises. I'm with you though, I much prefer to have an exit button, I might add this back in at some point... Huge debate here;

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2033914/quitting-an-application-is-that-frowned-upon/2034238

Thanks again to all of you
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 20:06
Really like this game although I am rubbish at it and can only get a score of 7 at the minute
The menus work really well and the high scoring system etc is good, it all looks like a professional app.

Hope there are more blocky games to come

Rated on the app store.
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:55:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:55:07