Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / SetObjectShape and Bullet Physics Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2016 22:46
Hi,
I am trying to make a flipper using 3D and bullet physics. I have some problems with the collision. The flipper levers are designed with convex hull shape, dynamic bodies (mass=0).
The problem is that if the levers are rotated, the collision is not accurate. I do not know if it is an issue related to the ball too fast, or others. Do you know if for every rotation, I have to reissue the command to recalculate the collision shape, e.g.:

The documentation of Bullet Physics is really poor, I understand that there were budget problems...but the feature as is is very difficult to use.
I'll try to post soon some video of the prototype.
Thanks.
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 00:40
You need to use a kinematic object instead then you can rotate it.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 13:31
Thanks Stab, it is very kind of you. I'll try to do the changes in the code soon and I'll let you know my results, maybe a video would raise more interest bullet physics and, why not, suggest TGC or to fund the enhancements you have proposed, by themselves, or start another Kickstarted crowdfunding initiative to collect the required funding. I have contributed to Kickstarter, and I would be glad to contribute again. AppGameKit is too a precious tool to be left hanging without the success it deserves.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 17:40
Thanks, it works very well. Here is a video (I have shared it in the AppGameKit Facebook group too).
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2016 19:17
Cool project! I started a pinball simulator way back before AppGameKit got the full complement of 3D commands. It might be worth me revisiting it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:23:28