Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Appearifactivate I dont get it!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 05:53
This might sound a bit dumb for real programmers, but appearifactivate, I cant activate anything with this. I just want to activate a door here by passing trigger1 and trigger 2 and opens when I go back to trigger 1. How do I do it? (This is just a test to make Me understand how it works)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 02:18
Mr Love
Quote: " activate a door here by passing trigger1 and trigger 2 and opens when I go back to trigger 1"

Once you get the jest of it you'll see it's easy. I made a quick simple test map, all stock, only one custom script is needed.
Play passes thru "trigger1" by door, goes down hall thru "trigger2", goes back to door thru "trigger1" which in turn opens door.
If you look at the setup you'll notice... "Trigger1" does NOT "Activate" until player reaches "Trigger2". (look at the "activateifused" field for each trigger)
"Trigger2" activates "Trigger1", "Trigger1" activates "Remote Door"
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 02:25
Now I get it! Thanks.. (I think it was something wrong with the script I got from that tut) This script came from that tutorial:

desc = Appear if Activated

;Triggers

:state=0,activated=1:spawnon,setalphafade=100,runfpidefault=1

;End of Script

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:55:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:55:11