Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] LoadImage with JPEGs from tinypng

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 09:01
My testsystem has Intel HD 3000 graphics.

This works, image is 2048 x 2048
img = LoadImageResized( "dome_hd.jpg", 1,1, 0 )

LoadImage() is also effected and LoadImageResized with 0.5 x 0.5 also does the error with the tiny-JPEG

All pictures are 2048 x 2048, created with Irfanview to dome_hd.jpg and dome.png, dome.png then was optimised with truepng, same name. and dome_hd.jpg was optimised via tinypng.com and the result is dome_hd_tn.jpg
Original is dome.dds
Files are from FPSC Classic (Dome) MP45\entitybank\historypack\buildings

Also with the PNG file it works, but not with an JPEG I created with https://tinypng.com/
But, the JPEG is shown correctly in other programs and it also loads right on my GTX 770 (tinypng-jpeg with same code)

so it maybe a combination big-texture, old graphics-card and maybe strange JPEG compression

Maybe the JPEG from tinypng is not RGB anymore?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 18:11
Thanks, fixed for the next version. It was caused by the JPEG decoder having a fixed memory usage value that it wouldn't exceed, and for some reason the highly compressed image from tingPNG needs more memory to decompress. I've increased the allowed memory usage for the next version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:18:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:18:20