Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / IAP 'Authentication is required' problem.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 09:50 Edited at: 24th Sep 2016 09:54
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to setup the stuff for In-App Purchases, but unfortunately I'm facing some resistante.
After copy / paste several examples for the forums, I'm apparently experience the same problem that Wilf had some time ago, not longer as it seems.

Here is the link to the post: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/217124#msg2583189

The fact is that while I'm trying the IAP, I always get 'Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google Account.'.
I'm logged in and all it's ok.

I realised, following the example of the link I posted some lines above, that Paul's example works fine, as he said, but with their own product "agk_test".

If I get the same example, sustitute the key string by mine and my product name the thing doesn't work.
However, If I get my key string and put the name of the Paul's product ("agk_test"), then it works!

So although I don't know what's wrong, it seems that the problem could come from the way in which the products are setup in the Google Developer Console?
Mines look ok at a first glance... you can read "activated" at the right, the price is ok, all the required information is fulfilled...

Maybe (I don't know), the app must be upload as alpha or beta or so?
I have the products setup but not a alpha or beta testing configured trough the developer console...

btw I've tried this copying the APK to the phone (Samsung Galaxy 4 and Android 4.3) and broadcasting the app, as Paul did.

Any idea about what can be wrong? I really need some help!!! It would be great if someone who experieced this problem or go through the entire process succesfully could share their knowledge and indications.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2016 17:15
The problem went away for me once I uploaded a signed version to the App Store. I'm doing some tests today and I notice that the app works and returns App Purchase descriptions and Local Prices even on subsequent .apks sideloaded on my test device (not yet uploaded to Google Play), so maybe its a one time authentication thing?
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks so much for your answer Wilf.
truth is that I think that this matter is absolutely key for every user of AppGameKit and although there are good posts about it, there is not a kind of perfect guide to solve not only how to do it from the programming perspective but from the whole process itself, I mean, how to configure it in google play (beyond the documents you can read from google) from the perspective and needs of an AGK2 user.

Monetization is key from my honest opinion.

I'm stucked as I've uploaded tonight an alpha version, apparently all the IAP stuff is defined and I'm entering to do the trials from the same google account I'm working from in the google developer console, but the system still continue asking for the autentication.

Could you please share the different steps you followed to make the process succesful, Wilf? I'd appreciate so so so much.

Thanks again!
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 13:06
Sure thing. Other people on here are much more experienced than me on this subject but here's what I've discovered:

1. Your test device cannot be logged into your Developer account; Google will say "Publisher cannot purchase IAP" or something similar when you try to purchase. Setup a test gmail account with a payment method like Paypal. Log your test device out of all accounts and log in to Google Play with this test account.
2. Go to the Google Play developer dashboard. Go to 'APK' on the left side. Add this test account to Closed Beta Testing list in the Beta Testing tab.
3. Build your .apk in AGK2. Make sure it's signed with a keystore file/password and the Version number is at least one version higher than any previously submitted .apks.
4. Upload your .apk to Beta then click OK to the summary screen.
5. Wait 15 mins or so, until the words 'Standard Publishing' appear at top right of Google Play.
6. On your test device browser, enter the Opt-in URL found at bottom of the Google Play beta tab. It should take you to Google Play where you will be able to download the app.
7. Attempt your IAP purchase. The buy dialogue should appear with the name of the IAP*, correct price, payment email and purchase agreement blurb. Click the green 'Buy' button and after a couple seconds processing, the transaction should go through.

(*) Although for me thats still always the name of the first IAP product I entered, so even if I'm buying IAP product 13 - 'Unicorn" - it will always say "Bear", which is the name of IAP product 1. I think its a bug with the IAP name retrieval system.

- In other stores its possible to test IAPs without actually making a real payment but I haven't found an option to do that in Google Play yet.
- When you register your IAP items in your AppGameKit app using inAppPurchaseAddProductID make sure there are no empty entries or wrong IAP product names; any failure at this point will result in a 'IAP failed to setup correctly' type message. I keep my IAP items in an array called iapArray[]. Remember that the IAP system uses item 0 as the first entry.
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot Wilf
I will again try calmly, checking your list step by step.. and let you know
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 21:26
Sure thing Add me as a beta tester if you like: wilfo254@hotmail.com
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2016 17:36
my users are experiencing this problem right now , and i don't understand what the reason is , or the fix.

afaik , i have everything set up right

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:08:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:08:15